It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The. Ingest impact of our transfer strategy over the last 5-7 years has been to muller the rags wage structure, and yet again we have done it.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist usually but there is a pattern here now lol
That is a good point, we have operated a clear planned well thought out transfer policy with firm valuations that we haven’t deviated from. The rags have been in disarray since Fergie left with a scatter gun approach to recruitment if both players and managers, this has resulted from an obsession with us (how times have changed!) This has resulted in gazumping us for unsuitable players who play the piano better than perform for them…:)

Ornstein was on SSN this morning and said the same...highest ever salary in premier league history

Also said that it is more of a romance signing, united not planning for the future but trying to impact the now with no guarantee that it will happen. They discussed that the glazers were told that this would be on the same level when they took Tom brady to their NFL team

How did that work out?

Totally with you on Grealish, he's stronger than I expected.

But on Ronaldo I'm afraid he will pay for himself comfortably.

United Instagram followers = 44m. Ronaldo Instagram followers = 333m.

United's commercial revenues will skyrocket now as advertisers fancy a piece of that, they'll be back to the top of the football money league. My mate works in their commercial sales team, he's laughing that he's now got the easiest job in football. It's a numbers game.

I also think he's going to be comfortably the best striker in the league. His numbers and fitness are still incredible. He's an arrogant twat but credit where it's due, if anyone has excuse to be arrogant it's him.

A lot of us are trying to convince ourselves it's a bad signing. The truth is his agent has done us up like a kipper and they've added one of the best players in the world to an already fantastic squad. Their only achilles heel is their manager just isn't up to it, which is why I think Chelsea will end up Champions.

City will still rack up a very high points score but in the big games against the best teams, they've figured out how to stop us scoring. A top target man would change all that.
I agree with the bulk of what you say apart from Ronaldo comfortably being the best striker in the league. I do agree he can warm the bench all season and he’d pay for himself (not that he’ll be warming the bench, he’s there to play). But to have one player earning significantly more than the rest of the team isn’t great for cohesion. Take yesterday’s game Liverpool v Chelsea with fast, strong and clever defenders. I just don’t see him having the dominance you describe. It’ll work some games and they’ll look like world beaters and struggle in others. Very similar to last season.

Come May one of us will be proved right I guess. I’ll be too miserable to admit it if it’s you.

Yes, adds greater ball retention, increases chance creation. Once he nails down his position (which probably won't be this season) he will show his quality, he's not shy of putting in work, and he compliments our left side. Just need a bit more time and understanding, like yesterday much as Cancelo was neat, there were couple opportunities to release Grealish in space but he looked the other way. It also adds pressure on Sterling and Mahrez to keep up their form, same as to with KDB, who's ankles issues mean he certainly won't come back straight in. It's a very important signing to keep us as title challengers.

I think that Grealish is a top player and definitely improves our side. My initial comment was tongue-in-cheek by using the same logic for Ronaldo.

I don't agree with the idea that just because United have Martial, Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford, Ronaldo isn't needed by them or will not make them a better side. Just as I don't agree that Grealish doesn't improve us because we already have Sterling, Foden, KDB etc.

Why aren’t Delap and Cole Palmer listed in our first team squad yet Roberts and Sandler are?

I thought a few players had been promoted to the full squad from the Academy this year?

U21 don’t need to be listed.

Think if we were gonna do something before Tuesday rumours would be starting to pop.

Someone new will bresk out. They always do...

Keep an eye out for Alexander Isak at real sociedad release clause of 90m Euros and I reckon he is due to a break out year. Young, big and very skilful

The time to buy Isak was before he signed permanently with Sociedad.

United's commercial revenues will skyrocket now as advertisers fancy a piece of that, they'll be back to the top of the football money league. My mate works in their commercial sales team, he's laughing that he's now got the easiest job in football. It's a numbers game.

I also think he's going to be comfortably the best striker in the league. His numbers and fitness are still incredible. He's an arrogant twat but credit where it's due, if anyone has excuse to be arrogant it's him.

A lot of us are trying to convince ourselves it's a bad signing. The truth is his agent has done us up like a kipper and they've added one of the best players in the world to an already fantastic squad. Their only achilles heel is their manager just isn't up to it, which is why I think Chelsea will end up Champions.

City will still rack up a very high points score but in the big games against the best teams, they've figured out how to stop us scoring. A top target man would change all that.
Certainly he'll bring them more money but how could he comfortably pay for himself when he cost about 20 million and is getting paid nearly 600,000 a week.

We don't buy players to pay for themselves we buy players to play for us for many years not 2 years signing Ronaldo would have put us in a bad position when going to buy players in the future he also wouldn't buy into the way we play he wouldn't press he wouldn't run which would affect our whole system we r not gonna change 6 years of work to fit a player in for 24 months. Also on the agent doing us up he never we was never in for him we didn't even try for messi so we wouldn't go all out for Ronaldo we have a great relationship with mendes and the likley hood is we allowed our name to be used to help him out and maybe get him to keep bernie here for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.