It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Grealish in the 3 games, yes I think he does add something. He's more direct, aggressive and strong than the players you name. He drags defenders away leaving space for others to exploit

I hear what you're saying about Ronaldo, but you can't get away from the fact they've made a 36 year old the best paid player EVER in the PL. It's desperation and I'm pretty sure the numbers are the reason we backed off when we were offered him

There is definitely an element of desperation to the signing and I’m sure our interest forced their hand. I don’t think that makes it a bad transfer for United though.

After watching Grealish in the 3 games, yes I think he does add something. He's more direct, aggressive and strong than the players you name. He drags defenders away leaving space for others to exploit

I hear what you're saying about Ronaldo, but you can't get away from the fact they've made a 36 year old the best paid player EVER in the PL. It's desperation and I'm pretty sure the numbers are the reason we backed off when we were offered him
How much are they paying ronaldo? I read 385k/week in the paper (I know…) and they were paying Sanchez around 600k/week so how is he the highest paid in the league ever?

If he fires them to the title which he is eminently capable of doing it won’t matter as it will have been money well spent. As it would have been if he won the champions league for us - which he very probably would have.

Why aren’t Delap and Cole Palmer listed in our first team squad yet Roberts and Sandler are?

I thought a few players had been promoted to the full squad from the Academy this year?

There is definitely an element of desperation to the signing and I’m sure our interest forced their hand. I don’t think that makes it a bad transfer for United though.
You always like to think you’ll bookmark the comments and discuss who was right at the end of May. Never happens though. I’m saying the top 4 are set. Liverpool 4th, United 3rd and us or Chelsea for top spot. Nobody else is getting in the top 4 though.

Does Jack Grealish add anything to our side that De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo and Gundogan don’t already do?

I agree with many of the reasons you’ve suggested to why they’ve signed him but that doesn’t make him a bad signing.

I’d argue that signing a player who is better than what you currently have, prevents him from going to your rivals and has a sentimental value that the fans will love is almost the perfect signing.
Yes, adds greater ball retention, increases chance creation. Once he nails down his position (which probably won't be this season) he will show his quality, he's not shy of putting in work, and he compliments our left side. Just need a bit more time and understanding, like yesterday much as Cancelo was neat, there were couple opportunities to release Grealish in space but he looked the other way. It also adds pressure on Sterling and Mahrez to keep up their form, same as to with KDB, who's ankles issues mean he certainly won't come back straight in. It's a very important signing to keep us as title challengers.

How much are they paying ronaldo? I read 385k/week in the paper (I know…) and they were paying Sanchez around 600k/week so how is he the highest paid in the league ever?

If he fires them to the title which he is eminently capable of doing it won’t matter as it will have been money well spent. As it would have been if he won the champions league for us - which he very probably would have.
I suppose nobody knows the true numbers yet but I've seen several reports saying he will be the highest paid player in the history of the PL. The telegraph are one of those saying it

I suppose nobody knows the true numbers yet but I've seen several reports saying he will be the highest paid player in the history of the PL. The telegraph are one of those saying it
Ornstein was on SSN this morning and said the same...highest ever salary in premier league history

Also said that it is more of a romance signing, united not planning for the future but trying to impact the now with no guarantee that it will happen. They discussed that the glazers were told that this would be on the same level when they took Tom brady to their NFL team

Totally with you on Grealish, he's stronger than I expected.

But on Ronaldo I'm afraid he will pay for himself comfortably.

United Instagram followers = 44m. Ronaldo Instagram followers = 333m.

United's commercial revenues will skyrocket now as advertisers fancy a piece of that, they'll be back to the top of the football money league. My mate works in their commercial sales team, he's laughing that he's now got the easiest job in football. It's a numbers game.

I also think he's going to be comfortably the best striker in the league. His numbers and fitness are still incredible. He's an arrogant twat but credit where it's due, if anyone has excuse to be arrogant it's him.

A lot of us are trying to convince ourselves it's a bad signing. The truth is his agent has done us up like a kipper and they've added one of the best players in the world to an already fantastic squad. Their only achilles heel is their manager just isn't up to it, which is why I think Chelsea will end up Champions.

City will still rack up a very high points score but in the big games against the best teams, they've figured out how to stop us scoring. A top target man would change all that.

Ronaldo also thinks that OSG is beneath him in the OT hierarchy, so we’ll see how this plays out in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.