It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor window imo.

Spent a shit ton of money on a position we didn't need filled, on a player I'm not altogether convinced even strengthens it.

Meanwhile light as fuck when it comes to actual goalscoring options or even a 'plan B' in that regard, and an ageing barely mobile centre midfield.
Yep I agree. Left back gets the most comments, but defensive midfield is a far bigger issue. Torres is young and will have a lot of anonymous games, and you’re right, there’s little in the way of a plan B. I am delighted we signed Grealish, but considering the most pressing issues that we had, signing only Grealish is probably a 5 or 6 out of 10 for the window as a whole.

Missing out on Camiviga and Mendes for the prices they went for is astounding really. 60 million outlay roughly when we have spunked 100 million on a luxury player is hard to fathom. The last few years I’ve really been impressed with the board etc and who we have been able to bring in but this transfer window has been pretty grim. After winning the league and then missing out on the champions league I really thought that City would strike early and get some key positions sorted out.
As well as we have played the last 2 games I really think this season is going to be a grapple and the lack of adequate cover in key positions is going to cost us.

Should have signed a left back after Kane was no longer an option with the whole Mendy scenario at the bare minimum. Bissouma in would have been a good bit of business and then go all in for a striker next year. But hey ho I think we’re stronger than we were last year as Aguero barely played (as much as I love him) and Garcia too. Grealish brings another attacking threat, granted not essential but I think he’s genuinely class and I can’t wait for him to tear it up at our place under the guidance of the greatest manager ever. Keep smiling blues we’re still f@cking class

Poor window imo.

Spent a shit ton of money on a position we didn't need filled, on a player I'm not altogether convinced even strengthens it.

Meanwhile light as fuck when it comes to actual goalscoring options or even a 'plan B' in that regard, and an ageing barely mobile centre midfield.
Would have been a poor window if we had lost players, but we haven't. Not a vintage window, but we still have the squad plus Grealish, that came close to winning the lot, and we have cash on the hip, for Jan, next summer.

Rest up guys. See you all January 1st. Let’s hope we’re still in a title race by then or this thread could get Messi (shit pun sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.