It's quiet thread 6 - all new all dancing!

i suspect barca are trying to cash in so they can make a move for ajax right back van der wiel, so they get profit and a younger version of alves. so, why dont we just go for van der wiel????

Bluetones said:
i suspect barca are trying to cash in so they can make a move for ajax right back van der wiel, so they get profit and a younger version of alves. so, why dont we just go for van der wiel????

van der Wiel a joung version of alves ? LOL

van der Wiel is not better than richards

Mancio said:
Bluetones said:

haven't seen enough of vdw to comment, i just know that he interests barca and bayern so presume he has got something about him. i think alves is absolute quality, but i hate the fact we get played by people who just want more money else where or at their current clubs (eto'o, terry, rooney, i suspect alves) and in the end make us look a bit silly when they sign new improved contracts.

Mancio said:
Bluetones said:

thats slanderous.

Why do I feel if we sign Alves we'd end up with another Robinho, Ade, Yaya etc type signing who would appear to be patently coming for the money.

Much rather we tried to get the NDJ, Kompany, Kolarov? type signing who are the best players out of 2nd tier clubs rather than people who just come for the money from 1st tier clubs and we (currently) can't guarantee what commitment they will have.

I'd also prefer to see players who have played in leagues with UK type (or worse) weather so they aren't going to get arsey about some driving rain, snow and 0 degrees temperature.

If he comes he may surprise me but we'd have to see.

bluemoondays said:
Why do I feel if we sign Alves we'd end up with another Robinho, Ade, Yaya etc type signing who would appear to be patently coming for the money.

Much rather we tried to get the NDJ, Kompany, Kolarov? type signing who are the best players out of 2nd tier clubs rather than people who just come for the money from 1st tier clubs and we (currently) can't guarantee what commitment they will have.

I'd also prefer to see players who have played in leagues with UK type (or worse) weather so they aren't going to get arsey about some driving rain, snow and 0 degrees temperature.

If he comes he may surprise me but we'd have to see.

article-1281531-09BF210B000005DC-627_468x286.jpg

De Jong has already recommended his Dutch teammate, Gregory van der Wiel, to us in the past and we have been linked with him. Would be a more ideal signing than Alves (a true mercenary) IMO, and would give us the same sort of consistency that Kompany and De Jong have I believe. He'd also cost half of what Alves would and is already a World Cup finalist at the age of 22.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.