It's time to buy a new TV

I enjoyed that.

In terms of your question, I have the Samsung 9000 series and its wonderful.

I will say, despite your 20/20 snipe, watch something in 1080p and then go watch it in 4K HDR and tell me you can't see a difference :)

I was watching my daughter's tv last night. It's a Sony summat or other but the picture is quite fantastic, much better than our LG five year old summat or other! Even my tired old eyes can spot a significant difference. I even uttered to Mrs Ewing, "That's a fair old picture, yer know!"

I was watching my daughter's tv last night. It's a Sony summat or other but the picture is quite fantastic, much better than our LG five year old summat or other! Even my tired old eyes can spot a significant difference. I even uttered to Mrs Ewing, "That's a fair old picture, yer know!"

who said romance was dead...

If the guarantees are so good then why not have a look at this cheeky chappie all the way from China.
It scores very well indeed when you consider price and if the guarantee is there whats not to like.
Can be bought for way over a third less than the big boys offings.

Its called a Hisense brand and yes it does not sound as exhilerating as owing a samsung or sony bravo.
For pecker waiving it is not up to the job and would hold little sway telling the neighbours to bob round for a look at your new china telly.
I dont think it would bother me if the quality is there and the tv had a large warranty and I wsas saving money in the bargain.
A lot of very good reveiws out there too !
This one looks ok
These new sets are slimline in the extreme and so a 60 to 65 may personaly suit me taste better
But I would have to cross referece the viewing angle tables and recalculate as we are moving house and get the keys to our new des-res tommorow.
I had done all my prelimanary calculations on our existing flat and will now have to start all over again anyway have a look and see what you can get for less money.

Hisense 55M5500 LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55" With Freeview HD & Anyview Cast, Silver

I have a 58" Hisense TV here, I bought it around a year ago and it's a very good android TV, picture quality is spot on. They have been getting very good reviews around the world for a while now. The build quality is very good too.

Pioneer Kuro is the best picture you can get to this day i think, every time i nip back to the flat and flick it on for background noise i do stop for a second still to appreciate the smoothness of motion and crisp strong vibrant colours. Black levels are the best i have ever seen to this day still.

A very god tip for buying a new tv... Do NOT buy a tv on it's smart capabilities as any sort of factor. Wise man once say 'buy dumb tv, stick summat smart in it' (your dick is not smart sadly so none of that business). A 35 quid firestick fixes your smart tv issues from the off. That is the best bit of advice i can give regarding buying a tv. If you look at some with better smart features v some with better black levels etc get the tv with the better picture capabilities every single time!

I have a 58" Hisense TV here, I bought it around a year ago and it's a very good android TV, picture quality is spot on. They have been getting very good reviews around the world for a while now.

I thought as much and the reviews in general really are excellent.
When you say android tv do you mean a tv that has the free view built in or is it the ability to pair to android devises like my Samsung note 3.
I am led to believe this is possible and you can upload your photos and video footage onto the big screen.
Truly have we landed and are so lucky to be living in times like this.

I remember our telly when I was young in the early sixties and it was just a wooden box on legs in black and white.
The content was debatable but at the time it's all we had to work with.

The piece du resisitance for us though was waiting for mother to return with our new rediffusion color tv. Brown horses and grass so lush and green watching the Virginian and Bonanza.

Last edited:
I thought as much and the reviews in general really are excellent.
When you say android tv do you mean a tv that has the free view built in or is it the ability to pair to android devises like my Samsung note 3.
I am led to believe this is possible and you can upload your photos and video footage onto the big screen.
Truly have we landed and are so lucky to be living in times like this.

I remember our telly when I was young in the early sixties and it was just a wooden box on legs in black and white.
The content was debatable but at the time it's all we had to work with.
The piece du resisitance for us though was waiting for mother to return with our new redifusion colour tv.
Brown horses and grass so lush and green when watching the virgianinan and bonnanza.
This was circa 1970 I believe and echoed the begining of home entertainment as we know it.
Look were we are today and then imagine were technology will take us two decades from now.

I am off out now to have another look at the 8000 series and see if anything catches the eye.
Adios

I mean the TV uses the Android operating system, I can access piccys, movies etc., from my NAS box directly on the TV. You'd have to look at the UK specs for freeview etc., they do have local support in the UK and I'm sure that freeview would be built in for that market. Here in China I have a Huawei IPTV box plugged in to one HDMI for the local TV channels and a Mac Mini on another HDMI for streaming football (the local streaming site costs me around 30 quid a year btw, 1080p quality but with Chinese commentary, although from what I see on the match day threads that could be a plus point!)

I've just bought a Samsung UE55KS7000 which I've had for a week. I am well impressed with it. The "interface" is really good, where you can just flick between Sky, Netflix, Youtube, whatever. I'm not into Voice recognition but I caught the kids the other day saying "Horrid Henry" into it. Next thing you know it's flicked on Youtube and found all the Horrid Henry's on Youtube. I also upgraded to Sky Q, and that's brilliant too.

I tested out the 4G the other day through Netflix and it looked good, although I only watched two minutes of a film on it, because there's hardly any content.

The sound without my Sonos Soundbar isn't brilliant, that's my only complaint, but it's miles better than my last main telly, another Samsung which is about 5-6 years old and has gone upstairs.

The best thing about this telly is that it was incredibly easy to set up. It was more or less a question of "plug and play" which is great for someone like me who can't be arsed fidlling about with PCs and routers and all that shit.

Panasonic are exceptional for TVs. Get the best refresh rate possible and you should be good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.