ive been shot

stonerblue said:
excellent typing skills considering.
as usual i use my right index finger...............<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm --<br /><br />
talkativesprout said:
stony said:
Have you had a word with talkativesprout about how much compo you can get ?

for a fucking splinter about 5 k

Actually i had a splinter of steel go straight in and snap off on a finger bone. Didnt know it was in and went to bed after the night shift. awoke with a fat hand went to hospital to have an imediate injetion of anti biotics straight into the wound, 3 days in dock on a drip.

Take the medz mate. the infection had spread to the glands under my pits and that can be dangerous.

ps i didnt claim so fuck you :)
ive started taking em today, as soon as i got them. its not that i dint want to take them, i would have had to drive to salford royal from bury lastnyt after the day id had...n i thought fcuk that!!!
yours sounded nasty though m8, im at the plastic surgery unit monday at 9am and im not looking forward to it....

jacko8684 said:
stonerblue said:
as usual i use my right index finger...............

-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm --

talkativesprout said:
stony said:
Have you had a word with talkativesprout about how much compo you can get ?

Actually i had a splinter of steel go straight in and snap off on a finger bone. Didnt know it was in and went to bed after the night shift. awoke with a fat hand went to hospital to have an imediate injetion of anti biotics straight into the wound, 3 days in dock on a drip.

Take the medz mate. the infection had spread to the glands under my pits and that can be dangerous.

ive started taking em today, as soon as i got them. its not that i dint want to take them, i would have had to drive to salford royal from bury lastnyt after the day id had...n i thought fcuk that!!!
yours sounded nasty though m8, im at the plastic surgery unit monday at 9am and im not looking forward to it....

It wasnt that nasty mate apart from the hyperdermic straight in the end of my finger when i expected a script for penicillin then back to work. It can just turn very nasty very fast. Xray showed it was a tiny bit of metal wedged between the bone and tissue and to the best of my knowledge the fucker is still in.

Hope all goes well mate

talkativesprout said:
jacko8684 said:
stonerblue said:

talkativesprout said:

It wasnt that nasty mate apart from the hyperdermic straight in the end of my finger when i expected a script for penicillin then back to work. It can just turn very nasty very fast. Xray showed it was a tiny bit of metal wedged between the bone and tissue and to the best of my knowledge the fucker is still in.

Hope all goes well mate
so do u beep at the airport then...haha? thanks,
see i was thinkin if it gets better over the weekend and i can feel my thumb and have full movement by monday, is it possible they will leave it in? or am i just clutching at straws?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 pm --<br /><br />ps...would having a tetanus jab have given me the trotskies?

jacko8684 said:
talkativesprout said:
jacko8684 said:

Hope all goes well mate
see i was thinkin if it gets better over the weekend and i can feel my thumb and have full movement by monday, is it possible they will leave it in? or am i just clutching at straws?

-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 pm --

ps...would having a tetanus jab have given me the trotskies?

Im not a surgeon or doctor but id hazard a guess the jab could give you the shits (more likely the antibiotics). I dont think the surgeon will be worried about the infection or any movement you have, he will be more concerned about the potential damage leaving it in against the actual damage surgery to remove it.

talkativesprout said:
jacko8684 said:
talkativesprout said:

Hope all goes well mate
see i was thinkin if it gets better over the weekend and i can feel my thumb and have full movement by monday, is it possible they will leave it in? or am i just clutching at straws?

-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 pm --

ps...would having a tetanus jab have given me the trotskies?

Im not a surgeon or doctor but id hazard a guess the jab could give you the shits (more likely the antibiotics). I dont think the surgeon will be worried about the infection or any movement you have, he will be more concerned about the potential damage leaving it in against the actual damage surgery to remove it.
makes sense,ta again,
if there are any docs etc on here could you give me an opinion please but to be fair im not sure if my thumb will recover without surgery

does alcohol have anything to do with the reason you don't want to take your pills ?

bobmcfc said:
does alcohol have anything to do with the reason you don't want to take your pills ?
ive started taking em today, as soon as i got them. its not that i dint want to take them, i would have had to drive to salford royal from bury lastnyt after the day id had...n i thought fcuk that!!! just wanted to know if taking em 24 hours later would harm me...im ok though, just shitting it for my appointment on mon

jacko8684 said:
bobmcfc said:
ive started taking em today, as soon as i got them. its not that i dint want to take them, i would have had to drive to salford royal from bury lastnyt after the day id had...n i thought fcuk that!!! just wanted to know if taking em 24 hours later would harm me...im ok though, just shitting it for my appointment on mon

I'd be more concerned that there was a peice of sharp metal next to my artery and in the middle of a bunch of nerves. I certainly wouldn't have gone into work to do a manual job - you'd be in trouble if the metal got a nudge into the artery or nerves :-s

Good luck on Monday, I believe the survival rate is getting towards the 1 in 4 at Salford Royal so just hope that the previous three patients have died on the table. :-)

daveduke67 said:
jacko8684 said:
bobmcfc said:

I'd be more concerned that there was a peice of sharp metal next to my artery and in the middle of a bunch of nerves. I certainly wouldn't have gone into work to do a manual job - you'd be in trouble if the metal got a nudge into the artery or nerves :-s

Good luck on Monday, I believe the survival rate is getting towards the 1 in 4 at Salford Royal so just hope that the previous three patients have died on the table. :-)
oh well its a good job im going wythenshawe then isnt it! ha
and i did f all at work today, made the brews...was like my apprenticeship again! but yea fair dos for your comment, it could do damage if if moves too much

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.