I've came to the conclusion...

BusterPhillips

That its going to be a busy summer!!!

I'm prob stating the obvious that we'll lose Toure, Lescott, Sinclair, Boyata, Kolorov, Dzeko, Maicon, RSC, Bridge, Nimely, McGiven and Ibrahim.

Also the only reserve player who is ready to step up is Guidetti and if you consider Garcia as a squad player, Rodwell perma injured, Barry a yr older it leaves us desperately short in Defence, Midfield and Attack..

I really hope we don't dick around this summer and we do our business early.

lmjones1uk said:

I'm prob stating the obvious that we'll lose Toure, Lescott, Sinclair, Boyata, Kolorov, Dzeko, Maicon, RSC, Bridge, Nimely, McGiven and Ibrahim.

Also the only reserve player who is ready to step up is Guidetti and if you consider Garcia as a squad player, Rodwell perma injured, Barry a yr older it leaves us desperately short in Defence, Midfield and Attack..

Saw Boyata play for U21s last night and I would keep him! he stood out in my opinion and is strong as an ox, there were some big Stoke lads giving it him and they got a silver medal ever time. He was composed, distribution was spot on then causing probems in the box at corners. You might say well thats under 21 level for you but they are no mugs, the speed and quality of passing was better than i have seen in some prem games this season, as soon as they touched the ball they were smashed. He would be good squad player for what we hope will be a very busy season next year.

We should not sell Lescott, Barry has been magnificent since the day he arrived and hes got plenty of legs left in him, Garcia has been disappointing and I would not be mithered if he stays or if he goes.Nasri is also borderline, even though he has played well in recent games.
We should only be in for players who reach the standard of Hart, Kompany, Ya Ya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero.
When you think how we played against Newcastle, Rags and Chelsea then change the team against Wigan and Spurs it seems pretty obvious that we have a great team but not a great squad.
If we get this right in early summer, it doesnt matter about not being seeded in Champions league.
Mancini has to stay, finished 5th, 3rd, 1st and 2nd + 1 FA CUP (Hopefully two), since December 2009, a legend in the making,.

lmjones1uk said:

If you think that Boyata, Maicon, RSC, Bridge, Nimely, McGivern and Ibrahim have all played about 10 games this season for us and they are all from Maicon about 2 subs apperances for Sinclair that only really leaves 4 squad players to replace

mcfcirlam said:
We should not sell Lescott, Barry has been magnificent since the day he arrived and hes got plenty of legs left in him, Garcia has been disappointing and I would not be mithered if he stays or if he goes.Nasri is also borderline, even though he has played well in recent games.
We should only be in for players who reach the standard of Hart, Kompany, Ya Ya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero.
When you think how we played against Newcastle, Rags and Chelsea then change the team against Wigan and Spurs it seems pretty obvious that we have a great team but not a great squad.
If we get this right in early summer, it doesnt matter about not being seeded in Champions league.
Mancini has to stay, finished 5th, 3rd, 1st and 2nd + 1 FA CUP (Hopefully two), since December 2009, a legend in the making,.

There is a lot of sense in this.

What players are realistically available of that quality though, it's a small pool. I hope we get a few more unknowns like Nasatic who turn out to be very good players.

HART/PANTS

ZAB/MICAH KOMPANY/?? NASTASIC/LESCOTT CLICHY/??

MILNER/?? YAYA/?? BARRY/??

SILVA/?? AGUERO/?? TEVEZ/??

I think if we assume Nasri plays like he has recently and Garcia will not be going,
even though there are 8 ??'s I think we need 5 or 6.

C1ETY said:
lmjones1uk said:

Saw Boyata play for U21s last night and I would keep him! he stood out in my opinion and is strong as an ox, there were some big Stoke lads giving it him and they got a silver medal ever time. He was composed, distribution was spot on then causing probems in the box at corners. You might say well thats under 21 level for you but they are no mugs, the speed and quality of passing was better than i have seen in some prem games this season, as soon as they touched the ball they were smashed. He would be good squad player for what we hope will be a very busy season next year.
Mancini definitely saw something in him two years ago? threw him in for some huge games and he didn't disappoint up until the Arsenal game where a sending off just killed him completely.

A loan move to a struggling Bolton really didn't do him any favors and his move to Twente was apparently even worse.

Who knows, if Kolo and Lescott both leave and he comes back into the first team squad and gets back some confidence he could still well prove to be a good squad player. Homegrown as well? and his wages are already accounted for.

I still don't think we will get rid of Kolo and Joleon - we need to rertain one older CH, but all those listed would save about over a million a week in wages, which is 4/5 top signings.

I think Garcia should stay another season and will be better next but still has a long way to go to be a first choice starter. Sinclair should be given a chance or go - pointless otherwise and Bobby should explain why he was bought and who bought him.

Thats great news re Boyata - I hope he returns to the form that saw him dominate Rooney and friends.

We won't be giving Kolo another contract unless he is willing to accept a serious wage cut, 100k a week to sit on the bench basically every week?

Lescott want's/needs to play so again I can't see him staying. Besides he is hardly one of Mancini's favorites and if as rumored Txiki want's to employ a "Barcelona" style of play throughout the club he definitely does not fit the criteria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.