I've Got it Wrong it Seems

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
See?

I knew my qualifications in Neuro Linguistic Programming and Managerial Psychology would come in handy one day!

Ha! Ha!

The heavy irony is that one of the main reasons I have called for Hughes to remain in charge last season and again more recently is because of the disruption behind the scenes his sacking would cause at the club! If indeed this is Hughes's cunning plan, it appears to be working.

To be brutally honest mate, Hughes is going nowhere in the short term He's fireproof for at least the rest of this season, and I have a strong feeling that he might still be in charge next season... even if we fail to progress!

I've read a bit on the business mentality of the Abu Dhabi "brand", and it's all long-term slow growth, building slowly... and if they adhere to that approach then don't surprised if Hughes sees out his 3 year contract. Gulp!

Not my choice, obviously, but they are the owners, and they can do what the fuck they like.

As I write, Stoke City might very well be heading to be a point behind us. That's the reality of Hughes abilities!

Great to see Soulboy posting again, makes some cracking comments.

It's the man who treads the boards here........last saw you Villa away 2008

I cannot make my mind up on Hughes and would love him to succeed........but you are right he has so many old mates on the payroll it's scary.......even Ian Rush scouting in Central America..............

Hope to see you soon at the ground...........

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
The heavy irony is that one of the main reasons I have called for Hughes to remain in charge last season and again more recently is because of the disruption behind the scenes his sacking would cause at the club! If indeed this is Hughes's cunning plan, it appears to be working.

To be brutally honest mate, Hughes is going nowhere in the short term He's fireproof for at least the rest of this season, and I have a strong feeling that he might still be in charge next season... even if we fail to progress!

I've read a bit on the business mentality of the Abu Dhabi "brand", and it's all long-term slow growth, building slowly... and if they adhere to that approach then don't surprised if Hughes sees out his 3 year contract. Gulp!

Not my choice, obviously, but they are the owners, and they can do what the fuck they like.

As I write, Stoke City might very well be heading to be a point behind us. That's the reality of Hughes abilities!

I don't want him out yet though, which is strange because, as you'll no doubt remember, I wanted Royle sacked and I wanted Keegan out months before he eventually got the bullet and I also had no problem with Sven being dismissed. It just hasn't got like that for me with Hughes yet. What I will say though is that I won't defend him to the hilt like others because I think a lot of his tactical decisions are baffling and most of the criticism directed at him is justified.

We are one bad defeat away from it all getting very messy though. It was kicking off in 217 near me yesterday between Blues and Hughes was the source of the problem. Apparently one lad slags off Hughes week in week out, he must just be out of my earshot, but when the second went in he called Hughes a 'Munich' and one of the lads, very mild mannered normally, behind me stood up and started laying into him verbally. It all calmed down in the end but these incidents will start creeping in again unless we pick up.

I've bumped this because I wanted to highlight Soulboy and JMA's posts regarding the manner in which Hughes has gone about installing his own men at practically every level of the club. I want to know other people's take on the matter.

Before yesterday I'd not been that concerned over it but the more I think about it the more strange it seems that Hughes seems incapable or unwilling of working with people he doesn't know at the expense of decent club men. I'm not talking about just his right hand men, this is understandable, it's the other appointments throughout the club which is potentially worrying.

Are all these people the best men for the job? Probably not. Does the increasing number of Hughes's men throughout the club make him more difficult to dismiss because of all the disruption a total clearout will cost? Possibly. Will a new manager want to see the old manager's employees in every corridor of Eastlands and Carrington? Definitely not. Is Hughes doing this because he knows it gives him added job security? That's the big question.

For the record, I don't want him sacked. I have my reservations, and these are coming closer to the surface after recent events, but he's still got my backing. I do think the above issue is worthy of serious debate though.

alarm bells started ringing for me when he shunted Jim Cassell out of running the academy.

for me a manager should concentrate on first team without concerning himself too heavily with the rest of "the club".

i understand that ADUG have wanted to give Hughes free run in order to get the best out the staff but it definitely has made a rod for our own back; as has been pointed out already Garry Cook has painted himself into a corner now as he will look silly if and when the clearout has to be made.

Im honestly very surprised it has taken so long for a lot of fans, to realise what Hughes has been doing. Filling all posts at the club with his old Mukkas.

Rammy Blue said:
alarm bells started ringing for me when he shunted Jim Cassell out of running the academy.

for me a manager should concentrate on first team without concerning himself too heavily with the rest of "the club".

i understand that ADUG have wanted to give Hughes free run in order to get the best out the staff but it definitely has made a rod for our own back; as has been pointed out already Garry Cook has painted himself into a corner now as he will look silly if and when the clearout has to be made.

I appreciate that ADUG are looking long-term but it should always be remembered that football is a results business and managers can be gone in the blink of an eye if the results aren't coming. It's not healthy if the whole club has been shaped in Hughes's image because what the fuck happens if he leaves? A ship without a rudder? It's taken us years to clear the club of people with hidden agendas but if Hughes is sacked we'd have these people potentially at every level of the club!

m27 said:
I appreciate that ADUG are looking long-term but it should always be remembered that football is a results business and managers can be gone in the blink of an eye if the results aren't coming. It's not healthy if the whole club has been shaped in Hughes's image because what the fuck happens if he leaves? A ship without a rudder? It's taken us years to clear the club of people with hidden agendas but if Hughes is sacked we'd have these people potentially at every level of the club!

That was my argument why the academy needed to be kept at arms length from whatever manager we have in charge.

There is just too much disruption to the club when the manager changes. And that goes for other key areas of the club as well.

Some excellent posts i have read through on here,i wasn't aware that ian rush was involved !.Regarding MH and his position at the club ,surely the owners will be aware by now that things are not rosy in the camp.Everytime i read a story from our players they are saying how they all think MH is the best ? and that the moral in the camp has never been better,this to me is not apparent from what i see and hear on the pitch.At a guess i would say that there are certain personality issues between certain players.My seat is at pitch level and i can tell you that i never hear any voices from the back four,no back slapping or encouragement,one player i did see annoyed on saturday was bellers.Have a look at Chelsea last year when with the wrong guy in charge there performances dipped,they wasn't enjoying it,change the manager get some team morale going and hey presto different team.I have never believed MH was the man for the job and the way things are going probably never will.But i would love for him to prove me wrong because then City will be succeseful.Regarding the handling of players like Robinho (world class),Barry (excellent),Addybyor (world class ) we do not get the best out of them ?,thats a manager and his backroom staffs job,and they are not doing there jobs !!

I ask myself why all these quality players are playing shit is it coincedence? are they all off form at the same time?

They arnt organised, no cohesion, the link up play and support going forward is poor, any creativity is stiffled due to this.

So can the whole team suddenly be shite?

Unfortunately the answer is NO, it is purely down to MH, tactics and the coaching.

I cant remember seeing Tevez looking so lonely when he was playing for the Rags same for Ade, Barry breaking down play in midfield and taking the ball forward as he did for Villa, Lesott made more basic errors with us than at the whole time at Everton, etc etc

MH needs help, maybe get some top class coaching a director of football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.