ive pics of the new umbro kits.

Away top is smart, very retro. Home top is plain, it would have been better with white, rounded piping on the arms, like the original 60's top..... not a bad effort.

svennis pennis said:
Cambridgeblue said:
dario2739 said:
Hmmm, probably because of the poor quality shot, but i'm really not too sure about these.
Is it only me that's not happy the diagonal stripes on the away shirt are the wrong way round too?

That is my only very, very minor gripe... would have preferred it if the stripe went the other way - no logical reason, it just seems to look better that way.

It will be to do with the positioning of the sponsor. They wouldn't want it under the umbro badge. It's the logical answer. I know if i was designing it I would of done exactly the same.

Well why not have it like this?

cityawaykit.png

or as above but with the sponsor done like this

Pumaredblackstripes.jpg

Like I said minor gripe anyway... away kit looks ace but if it had been an amalgum of the two above designs it would have been one of my all time favorites.

Cambridgeblue said:
svennis pennis said:
Cambridgeblue said:
dario2739 said:
Hmmm, probably because of the poor quality shot, but i'm really not too sure about these.
Is it only me that's not happy the diagonal stripes on the away shirt are the wrong way round too?

That is my only very, very minor gripe... would have preferred it if the stripe went the other way - no logical reason, it just seems to look better that way.

It will be to do with the positioning of the sponsor. They wouldn't want it under the umbro badge. It's the logical answer. I know if i was designing it I would of done exactly the same.

Well why not have it like this?

cityawaykit.png

or as above but with the sponsor done like this

Pumaredblackstripes.jpg

Like I said minor gripe anyway... away kit looks ace but if it had been an amalgum of the two above designs it would have been one of my all time favorites.

Does that really need answering? They clearly decided not to break up the stripe. Its a unique solution and far better than those designs you have posted. It looks tacky having a surrounding white box around a sponsor or printing it right over a stripe of that diameter. They have done the right thing.

svennis pennis said:
Does that really need answering? They clearly decided not to break up the stripe. Its a unique solution and far better than those designs you have posted. It looks tacky having a surrounding white box around a sponsor or printing it right over a stripe of that diameter. They have done the right thing.

I concur.

OOHBEBLUE said:
Is there any way of getting that pic on my mobile as i want to show my Dad as he hasnt got the internet?
Have you got one of those bluetooth "thingys" that you plug into a USB port on your computer. If you have, save the image to your hard drive (somewhere easy to remember!) then right click on it and click on "send to bluetooth device". If you haven't, I'm not sure how you would do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.