Jack Charlton doc bbc

Absolutely magnificent piece of film.

That and Aguero leaving on the same night, i wasn't ready for this.

Loved the parts on his relationship with McGrath

Absolutely magnificent piece of film.

That and Aguero leaving on the same night, i wasn't ready for this.

Loved the parts on his relationship with McGrath
The McGrath story is well told, however a generation has forgotten what a magnificent player he was, despite the demons, jack was able to give him his day on the greatest stage, that performance against Italy remains one of the best of all time... many a drunk will be able to testify that trust is at the bottom of a to do list, McGrath would of walked through hell fire for Jack, which is testament to the man!

Excellent well produced and sympathetic towards his dementia what a strong lady his wife is and his son came over very well Great man will be remembered in Ireland for a long time without doubt their favourite English man
Met him randomly in a small country pub in Mayo, he had been doing some salmon fishing on the River Moy. What a man, almost universally loved on both sides of the Irish Sea

Just had the pleasure of watching this on bbc, what a guy, moved me to tears in his later years.... a true hero and yes it reinforces what we all know, Bobby is a bonafide twat
Great TV that was. Laughed and had the odd tear! Concur about Bobby. His own father disliked him and he didnt see his own mother when she was dying. No wonder Jack fell out with him. RIP

I must watch this on catch up. Big Jack did his own thing and didn't care who he upset in the process. The Irish loved him and he made them into a formidable outfit. I remember booing him as a kid at Maine Road when he stood in front of our keeper at corner kicks. I loved the interview when he caused a furore after saying he had a little black book of players he was going to do before he retired. Rest in peace big man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.