Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the look of this much more at the rumoured £82/88m.

I'm looking forward to seeing him and I know £12m is nothing in the grand scheme of things, just don't like the pressure of being a 9 figure transfer - about 80% of 100m+ transfers have turned out poorly.

I'm looking forward to seeing him and I know £12m is nothing in the grand scheme of things, just don't like the pressure of being a 9 figure transfer - about 80% of 100m+ transfers have turned out poorly.
Valid point, but something that separates Grealish from most of the other 9 figure transfers is that he won't be expected to single handedly carry the team like they would. Also there's always more pressure at clubs like United, Barcelona, PSG, and Juventus than there'd be at City.

So there'll definitely be pressure but it won't be anywhere near as bad as the others.

If we get a striker with this, this is an amazing transfer. if we don't end up getting a striker, I will find myself questioning the necessity of this transfer.

I feel like that's an offer Villa may want to accept. They'll position themselves now as 'it's Jack's decision' to protect themselves. Now it's all about the move being managed correctly from Grealish's perspective. An exit interview with Villa's media team would be ideal for him.

Excited by this move, I think he's f*cking quality to watch. The type of player you look for on a team sheet.

I'm assuming we must think £100m in however it is paid will get the job done?

We don't often officially bid unless we know it'll get accepted.

I'm holding out hope that the difference is made up of add-ons.

Valid point, but something that separates Grealish from most of the other 9 figure transfers is that he won't be expected to single handedly carry the team like they would. Also there's always more pressure at clubs like United, Barcelona, PSG, and Juventus than there'd be at City.

So there'll definitely be pressure but it won't be anywhere near as bad as the others.

Given that Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann all went to the same team, and that team had Messi I don't think you can blame "carrying the team" for the reason they failed.

Hazard maybe, although he's still surrounded by class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.