Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to pay a release clause in one usually. Obviously it's better for accounting reasons to be able to spread that payment over years.

So I believe (based on intuition) that City are courteously bidding above the clause so that they can pay over multiple years, and also pay with bonus clauses at a later date. Villa are open to discussion because they know if they don't accept this offer we'll just undercut them and pay the clause. At least this way they get more money.

I have limited knowledge of how this accounting works and I haven't taken amortisation into account, so I could be completely wrong with my reasoning. But until I'm corrected I think I might be right. I have no reason to doubt that there is a release clause considering that there's been enough legitimate noise that there is one.

This is very common in Spanish football by the way. Pay a few million above they buyout clause to avoid paying it all up front.

Just get this over the line and then get Kane in as well. The masses seem to be taking in comfort in that now there is no way Kane can be afforded.

"txiki is pathetic no transfers"

Bid for Grealish, not by Txiki

"100m is ridiculous!" Are you paying the money? What is it? Are you afraid you might get laughed at on twitter for that money on Jack Grealish? What is it? Just enjoy if the transfer happens. Who gives a fuck what his real value is or should be?

£100m is silly money for Grealish.

I don't want him if it means we can't afford Kane.

But I do want him overall, and I know we're rich as fuck. Just gotta sit back and enjoy the ride.
I’m not entirely sure we’d be going for Grealish if we weren’t certain we could also afford Kane

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.