Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fans are now calling Jeremy a fraud because he said "within the week" and it hasnt happened yet. lol. its sunday, could still happen today or even tomorrow.

If £100M is the price, then no.
We have all the quality we need in A.M., and even though his numbers were as good as KDB last season, Grealish is not, for me, a £100M man.

Thats a shit ton of money that could be used for other players, and we need to start bringing some of these high quality youngsters through.

Could you name what players this money can be spent on that the manager, DoF and club want to buy?

It seems we have set our sights on two players and both of them are gonna cost what their clubs want, so the choice is pay it or walk away and buy no one of inferior, and we know what happened last time we did that, we droppped off a season.

Would I pay 100M if I didn' thave to ? Fuck no it is an inflated price, but so was coutinhos, pogbas, VVD, McGuires etc, we have resisted for a decade to go down this route, but after as the Ben White signing shows, fair to average players are going at 50M this window, if we want the better talent we will have to stump up the cash.

Only thing that will piss me off money wise is if we do end up selling Bernardo wpuld be if we sold him for anything less than 80M, as he is worth it at present.

What has amazed me throughout this saga is the attitude of Villa fans and the rest. I’ve often felt the need to apologise for being a fan who remembers first going to City with any regularity when our forwards were Jim Melrose and Steve Kinsey, (or Primrose and Flimsy as they were known at the time). I’ve been a fan my whole life but that was the first time I had the cash to go. As a guy who remembers these times I’m forever grateful for our current success and accept that football is cyclical and nothing lasts forever. As it stands today though, in the foreseeable future I can reasonably predict that this club is going to be challenging for trophies for some time to come. That said, we have no god given right to win anything and the likes of The Scum, Dippers, Chelski are going nowhere either. Add to that there are possibilities other clubs might “get it right” like Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester and even Everton, West Ham and Wolves. With all that taken into account I savour every trophy, even a Community Shield. Other blues on here think that’s small time thinking, and I understand that argument.

It’s against this backdrop that I read with incredulity the ramblings of Villa fans who think they are a racing certainty to break into the top four. I’ve also read Dipper and Chelski fans 100% certain they are going to “dominate” English and European football.

I will remember this the next time we get accused as a fan base of arrogance.

Could you name what players this money can be spent on tgat the manager, DoF and club want to buy?

It seems we have set our sights on two players and both of them are gonna cost what their clubs want, so the choice is pay it or walk away and buy no one of inferior, and we know what happened last time we did that, we droppped off a season.

Would I pay 100M if I didn' thave to ? Fuck no it is an inflated price, but so was coutinhos, pogbas, VVD, McGuires etc, we have resisted for a decade to go down this route, but after as the Ben White signing shows, fair to average players are going at 50M this window, if we want the better talent we will have to stump up the cash.

Only thing that will piss me off money wise is if we do end up selling Bernardo wpuld be if we sold him for anything less than 80M, as he is worth it at present.
Grealish is a fabulous player, It is an inflated price but as you said with the players you've named are inflated prices too, Although he still has 4 years left on his current contract, He's only 25 and he's English which all makes the price go up. We can't sit back and be left behind whilst everyone else is paying this sort of money. Our owners and staff have made it very clear who we need to strengthen the squad. Personally I will be over the moon especially with Jack Grealish.

Unfortunately I can only see us getting £50/£60m for Bernardo Silva seen as it's the price been quoted in the last two months. Personally he should go for no less than £80m. He's worth that sort of money in today's market.

After his 2nd POTY award it's fair to say that Kev is probably our greatest ever player.

So comparing any incoming player with Kevin is a bit daft.
Agreed. Also he's head and shoulders above every other player in the league. Comparing to the best player in England and possibly Europe doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.