Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look so huge a few years ago when we had more inside villa park than them! There is a reason why Delph left them and it's the same reason grealish will leave them.
Didn't look so huge a few years ago when we had more inside villa park than them! There is a reason why Delph left them and it's the same reason grealish will leave them.

It’s all about the CL - City being in the CL for the last 10 years or so consecutively and Villa not qualifying at all - plus being relegated - opens up a huge gulf in finances - specifically revenues. It’s the uneven playing field created within modern football and presently City and Villa are on different sides of the divide. unfortunately for Villa they can’t compete on the wages front… how could they.

You did. I presume you meant our current highest transfer.
Yes. My reply was to someone who said he isn’t worth more than the current highest premier league transfer. To which he is twice the player he is.

You did. I presume you meant our current highest transfer.
I presume he meant Pogba and even that's not true because as poor as he's been at times for utd there's no doubting his quality.
Not to mention his achievements in the game compared to Grealish.
Saying Grealish is twice the player makes me wonder if he's on the spice.

I think he’s a very decent player and if City want him, it doesn’t bother me how much we are willing to pay for him. We have people paid a lot of money for that responsibility.

Regarding him moving for ambitious reasons; I don’t think that is a slight on Villa who I have the utmost respect for, it’s just a reality of modern football. It is a mixture of ambition in the pursuit of glory and also financial gain.

Jack played for Ireland, like Declan Rice and both chose England at senior level and myself and my mates over here think they were dead right to do it (Regrettably).We could really do with them but look at both of them playing a Euro final and say they were wrong. (Still a few won’t forgive them).

So if either were to move on at club level to better themselves, who can question that decision either. Money is a huge factor in football these days. Success takes investment and individually financial security can be achieved at a very young age with the right decisions in your progression.

If Villa hold on to him, it will be nothing to do with loyalty, it will be a financial calculation versus team build on their part, so questioning a players loyalty these days seems pointless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.