Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fan in peace. Created an account after heard about the phenomenal amount of pages you had for Grealish. I'll start off by saying always liked the blue side of Manchester over Manure. Proper club and fans.
Just thought I'd clear some things up per the comments I've been reading.

- Grealish is lifelong Villa fan. His great great great grandfather won FA Cup in 1905. That may not mean much in today's market though.
- Funds. Seen some comments about our spending and needing to sell to buy. We're listed as 6th richest owner because part owner is richest man in Egypt but that discounts other owner Wes Edens which might bump us up the list.
- Wes Edens is long time major shareholder of Milwaukee Bucks who have held onto the Greek Freak for ages and I believe they recently gave him the biggest contract in NBA history. Long story short owners have a plan which includes money offered for marquee player is irrelevant to clubs progress.
- Luiz buyback expires soon. Have seen some comments here that could be used as a makeweight for Grealish. We bought Sanson last season for similar role. I really like Doug but many Villa fans thought last season wasn't as good as the previous and are not overly fussed.

Sorry for the screed of text but thought you'd like to hear Villa fan's opinion. Any comments welcome
He’s gone and you know it.

I have some sympathy for Villa fans in that Grealish leaving would be like us losing Foden.
However quoting how much money your owner has is fucking worthless with FFP(yes its still here both PL and UEFA), as one of the turkeys that voted for Christmas you should realise that. You cant spend any of his money until your income streams can cover it. The drawbridge was being raised and you covered your eyes hoping it would all be all right hoping they would fuck us because it didn't affect you. Well now it does because you want to get to where we are. It'll take you 20 years to get to where we did in 5 with a concerted maximisation of income and player purchase strategy but realistically you have no chance of getting a CL spot where the real money is.
Amidst all that Jack has to decide if he wants to stay in his little Villa pond and be a one club wonder boy with no trophies or use the talent he undoubtedly has at a higher level and see what he can really do surrounded by class. He could have his pick if he wants out. I realise he recently signed a decent contract at VIlla but surely that is to maintain his value if he goes. Villa are a great old club with a large fan base and have had plenty of success in the past but the illusion you can grow organically to compete with the big boys again is a delusion as the game is stacked against you. You and Everton and other great old clubs have been played like a fiddle in the great FFP stitch up. We warned you at the time but you didn't listen so now you have to stand in line and take it. You can wave your fake bank-notes at him when he comes back and boo and hiss if you like - no-one will give a fuck!

I have some sympathy for Villa fans in that Grealish leaving would be like us losing Foden.
However quoting how much money your owner has is fucking worthless with FFP(yes its still here both PL and UEFA), as one of the turkeys that voted for Christmas you should realise that. You cant spend any of his money until your income streams can cover it. The drawbridge was being raised and you covered your eyes hoping it would all be all right hoping they would fuck us because it didn't affect you. Well now it does because you want to get to where we are. It'll take you 20 years to get to where we did in 5 with a concerted maximisation of income and player purchase strategy but realistically you have no chance of getting a CL spot where the real money is.
Amidst all that Jack has to decide if he wants to stay in his little Villa pond and be a one club wonder boy with no trophies or use the talent he undoubtedly has at a higher level and see what he can really do surrounded by class. He could have his pick if he wants out. I realise he recently signed a decent contract at VIlla but surely that is to maintain his value if he goes. Villa are a great old club with a large fan base and have had plenty of success in the past but the illusion you can grow organically to compete with the big boys again is a delusion as the game is stacked against you. You and Everton and other great old clubs have been played like a fiddle in the great FFP stitch up. We warned you at the time but you didn't listen so now you have to stand in line and take it. You can wave your fake bank-notes at him when he comes back and boo and hiss if you like - no-one will give a fuck!

brilliant post and on the money! Said this to an everton in the boozer last week when he was telling me how wealthy their owner was?

Spot on, I really wish you weren't mind but the realism is that you are.

Villa voted against FFP, no?

As much as I like Grealish, and I do, I simply cannot see us or anyone spending 130 million on him. In terms of playing style, he’s actually rather similar to Depay (out of contract this summer), so there are cheaper alternatives, yet whether we could accommodate the latter’s ego is moot.

As much as I like Grealish, and I do, I simply cannot see us or anyone spending 130 million on him. In terms of playing style, he’s actually rather similar to Depay (out of contract this summer), so there are cheaper alternatives, yet whether we could accommodate the latter’s ego is moot.
Anyone who spends 130m on Grealish needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.