Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling? Wth you talking about?

:-) My mention of Stones and Sterling was in relation to signings made to go straight into first team contention.
Isn't that what most clubs that know their arse from a hole in the ground try to do?

I'd be surprised if Aston Villa purchased Targett, McGinn and Al-Ghazi from Soton, Celtic and Ajax, all clubs with a good reputation for finding/developing young talent, in their early twenties with the intention of them merely sitting in the stands.

Whilst the price tags may have been different than what City paid for Sterling and Stones, it is the same concept. They purchased young talented players for the club at a price deemed acceptable.

Last edited:
When the inevitable news is announced, I wonder if the Villa fans will storm Villa's head office like the Barcelona fans did when they found out Messi wanted to leave?

Whats interesting from the Sam Lee article is that Pep sees Grealish in midfield next to KDB as a Gundogan competition, has he ever played midfield for Villa?
Yeah in the Championship most of the time and a lot during our first season back in the PL. Nowhere near as effective or influential in terms of goals and assists as he is when playing on the left but he's got a great engine and carries the ball really well before getting fouled somewhere around the 30 yard mark as per :)

I'd say at least 85% of the Villa fans I have on Twitter are confident that Grealish is staying. One of them is quite cocky about it so I said I've said we'll have a £1k wager on it which he has just doubled to £2k! None of our fans are mentally prepared for it and I can see there being about 33k fans at our first home game as a lot of them seem to be Jack Grealish FC not Villa fans anymore. I'll be glad when the saga is over, sick of the same thing every summer with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.