Jack Rodwell

RandomJ said:
Rodwell stating a reason to move being he wants more game time when he's been crocked 90% of the time he's been here. I wish him well but I can see Sunderland fans bemoaning this signing in a few months when he's back in the physio room.
I think he was fit for the last few months of last season (maybe?) but he was always going to struggle for game time in the run in. He does need to play more to strengthen his legs up and he's just not going to get the run at City so it's a fair comment of him.
Good luck to him, seems a thoroughly good lad with quite a bit of talent. Hopefully we've got at least first refusal for the future.

I have it on good authority that the person who does the medicals for us was transferred to Sunderland a month ago. ;-)

RandomJ said:
Rodwell stating a reason to move being he wants more game time when he's been crocked 90% of the time he's been here. I wish him well but I can see Sunderland fans bemoaning this signing in a few months when he's back in the physio room.

Oh come on, he's not going to say "Well I'd have stayed but City wanted shot because I'm always injured", is he?

adrianr said:
RandomJ said:

Oh come on, he's not going to say "Well I'd have stayed but City wanted shot because I'm always injured", is he?

No but he also could have not fed more fuel to the "City ruin English players" fire as well. But anyway it's done now and we got a great price for him so onwards and upwards.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
RandomJ said:

No but he also could have not fed more fuel to the "City ruin English players" fire as well. But anyway it's done now and we got a great price for him so onwards and upwards.

I'm not sure what else he could have said tbh mate. No offence to Sunderland but playing time is really the only thing that makes sense unless he was a boyhood fan. Even if he got a pay rise you could never use that!

Andouble said:
"Johnson whips in the corner and it's Rodwell at the near post to make it 1-0 at the Stadium of Light"
Against a rival, or the rags, I'd break some ribs laughing.
Against us I'd just break something.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
RandomJ said:

I don't think it matters what he says to be honest. Unless he's moving to barca or real, it's obvious that it's because he aint good enough.

Too many of our players getting transferred to Sunderland. Adam Johnson, Pantilimon and now Rodwell.

Are we becoming a donor club for Sunderland just like how Arsenal is for us?

Hope we didt have to pay much bonuses to Everton as the deal when we bought him was something like 12m+4-5m in bonuses and if it was up to trophies won we might have paid some of the bonuses.

But good price for 10m to sell him. Done basically nothing for us maybe two good games in 2 years. We didnt improve him, he didnt improve us.

vismaybuch said:
Too many of our players getting transferred to Sunderland. Adam Johnson, Pantilimon and now Rodwell.

Are we becoming a donor club for Sunderland just like how Arsenal is for us?

outstanding.

an apprentice in the making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.