Jacket Spuds

We have varying view points from 50 mins to 2 hours here. Someone is eating burnt spuds or raw spuds.

I will play it safe and go for the 90 min option.

spanish blue said:
MikeBlue said:
ob said:
oven for about 2 hours normally

2 hours????

What temp?

I usually put them in microwave first for about 8 mins then in the oven to crisp up but the Mrs wont be in till 8 tonight so thought I would go the whole hog in the oven for once.

Prick skin with fork,rub some olive oil all over then rub in crushed sea salt put in oven uncovered for 1 1/2 hours gas 5/190c. Turn after 45 mins. Crispy outside fluffy inside enjoy.
This is the way but I prick the skin then nuke for 5 mins. Then rub with oil, sea salt. Only takes 20 - 30 mins on Gas Mark 6 from then depending on the size of the spud.

Having one tonight with extra spicy chilli on top, mmmmm.

MikeBlue said:
We have varying view points from 50 mins to 2 hours here. Someone is eating burnt spuds or raw spuds.

depends on size of spud mate - I would check after hour-hour n half and go with that

ob said:
MikeBlue said:

depends on size of spud mate - I would check after hour-hour n half and go with that

The ovens I work with are industrial but you shouldn't be baking it for more than an hour, unless your oven is powered with t-lites.

johnny on the spot said:
Nuke for five mins whilst oven heats to 200 C, then bake spud for an hour.

That would have to be a very big potato. I'd use the same technique except 180C and about 45 minutes.

lets be aving ya

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-cook/fruit-and-vegetables/how-to-cook-jacket-potatoes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-cook/ ... atoes.html</a>

3. I used to put them in a hot oven but I've learnt over the years to get the crunch, they need to have slightly less heat and slightly longer cooking. So place the potatoes straight on to the centre shelf of the oven and let them bake for 1¾-2 hours depending on the size of the potatoes, or until the skins are really very crisp. Learn to use the time when you're out, so they can be ready when you come home, or go and do something else and forget about them till they're ready.

most cooking website recommend between 1 and 1 1/2 hours depending on size of potato - delia says between 1 3/4 and 2

mcfcloz said:
I microwave them for 5 minutes either side...then wrap them in tin foil and put them in for about 20 minutes on 180. If you want them crispier, dont put foil round them!

I think you have just decided on my tea :)

I thought they only had one side.

ob said:
lets be aving ya

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-cook/fruit-and-vegetables/how-to-cook-jacket-potatoes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-cook/ ... atoes.html</a>

3. I used to put them in a hot oven but I've learnt over the years to get the crunch, they need to have slightly less heat and slightly longer cooking. So place the potatoes straight on to the centre shelf of the oven and let them bake for 1¾-2 hours depending on the size of the potatoes, or until the skins are really very crisp. Learn to use the time when you're out, so they can be ready when you come home, or go and do something else and forget about them till they're ready.

most cooking website recommend between 1 and 1 1/2 hours depending on size of potato - delia says between 1 3/4 and 2

I edit that out mate.

Microwave for 5 mins then cook in oven(without tin foil, we want the skins crispy) for an hour on 220.
Take out of oven, cut in half and scoop out the potato. Add cheese and butter and mash together. Put the mix back into the potato skins and put a piece of bacon on top.
Put back in oven and cook until bacon is done to your liking.

Barcon said:
mcfcloz said:
I microwave them for 5 minutes either side...then wrap them in tin foil and put them in for about 20 minutes on 180. If you want them crispier, dont put foil round them!

I think you have just decided on my tea :)

I thought they only had one side.
inside & outside?

8 mins in 800w microwave oven. Why piss about putting em in a regular oven?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.