Jackson Martinez

So if we are playing one up front Cavanni we wont be playing Aguero or Tevez if still here (both classed as strikers)?

If we can't get Falcao or Cavani, I wouldn't mind picking up Martinez. I admittedly have not seen many of his games because I don't watch the Portuguese League except on extremely rare occasions. However I have seen him for Colombia and he looks very pacey, has extreme jumping skills for heading the ball, and seems very calm on the ball.

Do any of you know much about his link up play, work rate, and passing? If he's at least a workhorse, I would very much welcome him.

With all that being said....it's Porto. Porto is well known for jacking up the prices of their players to unreasonable levels and being difficult with transfers.

Any idea what sort of price Porto would want for Martinez?

Might be a good tactic with Napoli for us to make enquiries, or then again we probably already have done.

About €30m.

I read somewhere that Porto had scouted him for 5 years before he joined and they think he'll be better than Falcao given the platform.

Like Cavani, a complete striker.

I imagine he's one we're looking at should we not sign Cavani.

ElanJo said:
Would have cost 8m a year ago. Triple it now.

We need some/more south american scouts

We aren't the only ones though, every top club has overlooked him. It's not like he's a baby, he's 26 and has been playing in Colombia and Mexico for years.

IMO the top clubs ARE aware of players like this but are unwilling to take the risk because the pressure for success is so high that few are willing to bring in an unknown. It's easier for teams like Porto in a league where they are the power house (they have won 6 of the last 7 titles).

LoveCity said:
ElanJo said:
Would have cost 8m a year ago. Triple it now.

We need some/more south american scouts

We aren't the only ones though, every top club has overlooked him. It's not like he's a baby, he's 26 and has been playing in Colombia and Mexico for years.

IMO the top clubs ARE aware of players like this but are unwilling to take the risk because the pressure for success is so high that few are willing to bring in an unknown. It's easier for teams like Porto in a league where they are the power house (they have won 6 of the last 7 titles).
Correct. And Porto have had flops themselves. Their original replacement for Falcao, Kléber, is back playing in Brazil on loan.

if we miss on cavani i hope the club is looking at martinez..will cost half the price of cavani and had 34 goals in 39 games last year if i'm remember well and the people at porto rate him better tham falcao

This guy is an absolute BEAST.

He is clinical and seems to thrive off service from midfield players...

We seem to bringing in some serious play makers which could look like, Silva, Nasri/Thiago Navas, Isco and with Aguero playing off him... he would score ALOTof goals with some CLASS service.

Liking him more than I am Cavani now, off only a few youtube videos.. but his stats speak serious volume.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.