Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name the 16/17 year olds in the top 6 who are getting minutes
I'm not why people think we should be playing 16/17 year olds. No top squad in any of the big leagues do this, almost everytime they play a young guy he is like 19-22 which is a completely acceptable age to play youth. The only stand out is Mbappe who at the beginning of the season was 17. He was given a few first team chances and when he turned 18 he started to feature more regularly; but he is the only kid to get time like that.

Also, for people saying we should loan him out, he just turned 17, he is too young and hasn't completed a full season at the EDS level yet. Let's not rush him, give him time to develop.

It's the older youth players that should be getting minutes, and I believe Roberts will be given that chance next season. Possibly Zinchenko as well, while his loan didn't turn out well, his quality is obvious.

With his performances so far he must be favourite for player of the tournament.

I think he's one of those exceptional talents that needs to be fast tracked, with minutes given to him in the cup next year. Then when he's 18 he should be a regular fixture in first team squads.

That's probably asking a lot, but I think he's the most physically ready amongst our promising youth (Foden, Brahim, etc) and his consistency and technique also stands out.

Name the 16/17 year olds in the top 6 who are getting minutes
woodburn at liverpool 335 minutes so far. alexander-arnold turned 18 during the season and has 591 minutes played. its okay as well to expand this to the 17 year olds of 3 years ago. where was their opportunity? they are now the 19-20 year olds and havent been given a proper chance. thinking back to notable names: denayer, pozo, garcia, maffeo, angelino, barker etc. the fact that denayer hasnt been given a shot yet tells you all you need to know.

Every year its "different" the talents are even more "special", but really that doesnt mean anything unless they are put on the pitch and given time. look at rashford for god sake.

to try and keep on topic, sancho looks really good. before pep goes out and buys nolito v2 on a 3 year contract at 100k/week he should look hard at sancho/brahim/foden

You don't have to be "ready" to play a few minutes here and there off the bench.

And that few minutes off the bench can do do much for a kid, and the other kids in the academy wondering if they'll ever get chance.

As long as Sancho carries on doing the job at U23 level next season I'll be disappointed if he doesnt get the reward of senior game time.

Leipzig can fuck off. Another year in the EDS will do our 3 starlets no harm, hopefully with a few cup games. If they show enough in their cup games to merit more senior starts..?

Leipzig can fuck off. Another year in the EDS will do our 3 starlets no harm, hopefully with a few cup games. If they show enough in their cup games to merit more senior starts..?

It won't do them much good either, the quality of EDS football is crap. Sancho could go to another Premier League club and get 15-20 games next season, he'll be lucky to get 10 minutes off the bench for us.

It won't do them much good either, the quality of EDS football is crap. Sancho could go to another Premier League club and get 15-20 games next season, he'll be lucky to get 10 minutes off the bench for us.
There's no guarantee he'd get game time at any premier league club, they'd have nothing invested in his development and so he'd have to be clearly the more effective player over one of their starting wingers, which not many lads his age are capable of.

Sancho said himself in a recent interview that moving away from London to train with City is the best thing that could have happened to his career – he acknowledged that in London he had distractions around him but his life had got a lot more focused on football at city. With that in mind why would he take a risk of another move, I imagine he is very happy about how his career is going. Would he want the risk of a move or another year at city to train in the best facility in the country, possibly work with pep and the first team, possibly get involved in the cup games. Easy decision I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.