Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think Diaz was the golden goose in our academy but I reckon Sancho will go on to surpass him. He had a better season IMO and he's a year younger. What a talent.

I used to think Diaz was the golden goose in our academy but I reckon Sancho will go on to surpass him. He had a better season IMO and he's a year younger. What a talent.

I thought Sancho was disappointing in the Chelsea games and in the recent U18's World Cup, whereas Diaz was probably our best player in both legs of the final. More to the point, whilst Dujon Sterling and Calum Hudson-Odoi waltzed past our defenders at will, Sancho looked a one trick pony. Earlier in the season I'd have agreed with you, because I watched Sancho absolutely destroy several teams, but for a City youth team player to break through to the first team squad they've got to be borderline sensational, such is the exalted level we operate at. Sancho's still a great prospect of course, one of the best we've had in years, but is there also a flat track bully element to him? Diaz dribbled into trouble a few times in those Chelsea games, but I still thought there was a vision about him that set him apart. Both of them are still just kids though physically speaking, so fingers crossed they fill out and make the grade in the next couple of seasons

Just seen on Wiki on the 2017 U17 European Championships page that he won the best player of the tournament.

I thought Sancho was disappointing in the Chelsea games and in the recent U18's World Cup, whereas Diaz was probably our best player in both legs of the final. More to the point, whilst Dujon Sterling and Calum Hudson-Odoi waltzed past our defenders at will, Sancho looked a one trick pony. Earlier in the season I'd have agreed with you, because I watched Sancho absolutely destroy several teams, but for a City youth team player to break through to the first team squad they've got to be borderline sensational, such is the exalted level we operate at. Sancho's still a great prospect of course, one of the best we've had in years, but is there also a flat track bully element to him? Diaz dribbled into trouble a few times in those Chelsea games, but I still thought there was a vision about him that set him apart. Both of them are still just kids though physically speaking, so fingers crossed they fill out and make the grade in the next couple of seasons

I think that is a very harsh judgement in all honesty. You put Sancho and Diaz in that chelsea side and they would have run riot. The support from the defence and central midfield was atrocious in both legs. Players like Hudson Odoi and Dujon Sterling were made to look good because of the team they had around them. As for Euro U17 tournament, I don't have a clue what tournament you was watching but Sancho was England's best player and player of the tournament, completely outperformed Hudson Odoi in my eyes, although he also played well too. He scored 5 goals and assisted 5 goals, more productive than any other player.

I really do think he could be immense if he is given the opportunity. His technique and skill on the ball is better than Raheem Sterling's right now. His eye for a pass in the final third is also ahead of Sterling's and his finishing also is more developed. If this lad keeps developing the way he is going he could be an England star, make no mistake about it. If Sterling can make it, then so can Sancho. Sterling has the feel of a typical English player, Sancho has the feel of a proper continental footballer who has the dribbling ability, technique and intelligence of a Brazilian.

I think that is a very harsh judgement in all honesty. You put Sancho and Diaz in that chelsea side and they would have run riot. The support from the defence and central midfield was atrocious in both legs. Players like Hudson Odoi and Dujon Sterling were made to look good because of the team they had around them. As for Euro U17 tournament, I don't have a clue what tournament you was watching but Sancho was England's best player and player of the tournament, completely outperformed Hudson Odoi in my eyes, although he also played well too. He scored 5 goals and assisted 5 goals, more productive than any other player.

I really do think he could be immense if he is given the opportunity. His technique and skill on the ball is better than Raheem Sterling's right now. His eye for a pass in the final third is also ahead of Sterling's and his finishing also is more developed. If this lad keeps developing the way he is going he could be an England star, make no mistake about it. If Sterling can make it, then so can Sancho. Sterling has the feel of a typical English player, Sancho has the feel of a proper continental footballer who has the dribbling ability, technique and intelligence of a Brazilian.

It's a fair point. And what you say in your second paragraph may turn out to be true as well. I kind of acknowledged that any criticism was harsh by definition, as the route to the first team at City is tougher than at any other English club. That said I still think that Diaz is the better prospect at the moment.

Sancho is showing all the traits I don't want to see in a youngster... constantly RT-ing youtube clips of himself, comments about himself and in the big games where it counts he doesn't perform. Foden and Diaz seem to perform better in these games. And the work-rate going back is not the same as going forwards. The Chelsea game had Pep in attendance and did nothing to impress our manager IMO. I'm sure Pep will speak to him and try and harness the exceptional skill he has. Better to turn into a Sane than a Zaha etc.

Sancho is showing all the traits I don't want to see in a youngster... constantly RT-ing youtube clips of himself, comments about himself and in the big games where it counts he doesn't perform. Foden and Diaz seem to perform better in these games. And the work-rate going back is not the same as going forwards. The Chelsea game had Pep in attendance and did nothing to impress our manager IMO. I'm sure Pep will speak to him and try and harness the exceptional skill he has. Better to turn into a Sane than a Zaha etc.

Pep will get into his head. Modesty is the best policy at City.

Jesus Christ.

"All the traits I don't want to see in a youngster" is.....retweeting a video of him doing well? Forget drinking, not training well, whoring around manchester or conspicuously spending all the money he's earning, your problem is that he retweets his highlight clips.

Everything I've hear about Sancho screams that he's got his head screwed on. One of the reasons he came up here in the first place was to get away from bad influences back home, his attitude is universally praised, and he works hard on the pitch.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ.

"All the traits I don't want to see in a youngster" is.....retweeting a video of him doing well? Forget drinking, not training well, whoring around manchester or conspicuously spending all the money he's earning, your problem is that he retweets his highlight clips.

Everything I've hear about Sancho screams that he's got his head screwed on. One of the reasons he came up here in the first place was to get away from bad influences back home, his attitude is universally praised, and he works hard on the pitch.

It's a concern not a major problem and I trust the club to do the right thing. The rest will depend on Jadon. I do want him to succeed. I also don't want us ending up with Youtube footballer.

It's a concern not a major problem and I trust the club to do the right thing. The rest will depend on Jadon. I do want him to succeed. I also don't want us ending up with Youtube footballer.

Neymar does the same thing, if Sancho ends up like him would you be complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.