Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho? Don't see why he's anymore a display of the academy working than Foden?

For some time now, he has been one of the first names used to show how such vastly superior players ( which he isn't imo) to all those of the past, would be the crowning glory of the non event we have seen in recent years, since the academy opened (even though it's been open since Franny Lee).

If one of the first so called breakthrough players fucks off, well imagine you were watching the rags having built the same & you currently had yet another unknown from your 'shit' academy, playing for the first team.

I don't think you would be viewing their efforts with anything other than humour.

We signed this kid for money. So we know it requires money to keep him for the next step.

If a bit of homesickness or a few quid more, is enough to pull him away from City, then we need to stop being such self entitled, blasé fucks, & sort out why we are not the unassailable attraction people on here think we are.

In fact even if he stays we should question why he's even tempted to leave such a footballing paradise.

I think I know why, as I'd be out of here like a shot if I was in the same position.

If he has been offered the biggest ever contract for someone his age and is refusing to sign it, then that would suggest it isn’t a money thing but rather that he doesn’t see there being any path to the first team. Which makes it very harsh that the club gave him the ultimatum to either sign it or not go on the pre-season tour.

Yes, but I think there's a point where enough is enough and Pep seems to have reached that point.

As people have said over the last few pages, he's been offered the biggest contract any 17 year old in history has been offered. He's been promoted as fast as possible at every opportunity. He's been involved in first team training a lot from the age of 16 and he's been offered a place on the preseason tour.

Check Spurs/United/Liverpool/Chelsea's touring parties - there aren't any players from Sancho's age group on tour. I don't think any of them get to train with their first team regularly like Sancho does.

So if he's not happy after being so pampered, perhaps it's time for a tougher stance? Perhaps a reminder that we have some other very talented players who will have the time of their lives on tour, and might work their way into some games on tour and some more cup appearances in the autumn.

And if he goes, he goes, you have to take the stance that our scouts will find more very talented players like Sancho, and our coaches will work with them like Sancho and as good as he is, he's not a one-off.
Spurs have 5 or 6 training with the first team as well as Poch has always been willing to promote and trust the youth. Brought two 17 year olds(5 U18s) on the US tour and has shown that there's a genuine path there.

Out of contract next year i think. Second year scholar now . Not sure what deal he got from us
All last seasons first year scholars got offered a 1 year scholar and 3 year pro deal , as shown this last couple weeks these lads now signing there pro deals sanchoo opted out but don't know if there is compensation city can ask for at this stage?

All last seasons first year scholars got offered a 1 year scholar and 3 year pro deal , as shown this last couple weeks these lads now signing there pro deals sanchoo opted out but don't know if there is compensation city can ask for at this stage?

Foden hasn't announced that he's signed anything either outside the scholarship, loads haven't

If he doesn't want to sign, he doesn't want to sign. It looks like club did everything so fine. good luck.

Foden hasn't announced that he's signed anything either outside the scholarship, loads haven't
Don't think there anything to worry about with foden reckon the club got him to sign his pro when he turned 17 but kept it quiet as the first year scholars were told they would all complete a full scholar year. But I may be wrong. As for the other lads I can't see non signed lads travelling wouldn't be insured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.