Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think those are exactly true.

They have to keep buying a new star because their old ones keep turning into shit. No one repeats a lukaku or sanchez shirt, so they need another one in to keep the sales going.

Then surely merchandise sales go to the clubs?! If only partly anyway. They pay to make them for brand awareness for their wider product lines.

Either way we can agree their shirts are crap and no idea why anyone buys it

Obviously it depends uponn the contract however the rags take a sum in lieu of merchandise sales, in fact Addidas run the store and take all the profits

When you see this, there’s only one conclusion to draw... he was never going to make it at City and was always going to be a rag. Flashy wankers don’t fit at City.

Ah come on this is nonsense. He’s a young wealthy man and you’re looking at mere minutes of his life. He may be a complete moron we really can’t know but I’m not going to have a go at a young man for what is seen here. I doubt our entire squad is free of stuff like this, very few players are Bernardo Silva

Ah come on this is nonsense. He’s a young wealthy man and you’re looking at mere minutes of his life. He may be a complete moron we really can’t know but I’m not going to have a go at a young man for what is seen here. I doubt our entire squad is free of stuff like this, very few players are Bernardo Silva

You are quite right, youth culture is something that i don't comprehend but it doesn't mean anything professionaly. I have not heard that he has a bad attitude or doesn't train well. United are the only team in for him, so they don't need to rush the deal. Dortmund don't need to sell, so they wont panic.
He is good, though I have seen areas he needs to improve if he is to become this world star people are telling me he is.

I dont think those are exactly true.

They have to keep buying a new star because their old ones keep turning into shit. No one repeats a lukaku or sanchez shirt, so they need another one in to keep the sales going.

Then surely merchandise sales go to the clubs?! If only partly anyway. They pay to make them for brand awareness for their wider product lines.

Either way we can agree their shirts are crap and no idea why anyone buys it
No mate, they’re licensing deals. Not sponsorship.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ow-a-transfer-deal-really-works-a7837031.html

Clubs can recoup transfer fees in shirt sales, right?
It is often claimed that a club can recoup a marquee player’s transfer fee through shirt sales. However, in reality, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Kit deals are not traditional sponsorship deals – they are licensing deals, which enable the kit manufacturers to use the club’s brand to sell branded apparel. Clubs will traditionally receive an annual fee – for example, Manchester United receives £75 million per year from Adidas, Chelsea receives an initial £60 million per year from Nike, and Arsenal receives £30 million per year from Puma – and then 10-15% of the revenue the kit manufacturer generates from shirt sales.

Furthermore, signing a star player doesn’t lead to as many new kits being sold as one might think. While there will usually be an uptick in shirts sold in the market where the player came from, it is more often the case that those who were already planning on purchasing a shirt will choose to get the new player’s name on the back, rather than an existing player.

Why are the scum splashing this transfer all over the media like a running commentary?

It was even on the BBC News this morning going on about how the scum aren't going to be bullied by Dortmund.

Small time as fuck.

Perhaps they want everyone to know, they are doing everything possible to sign him & it wasn't Ed's fault it didn't happen. They offered Maguire level money, but those unreasonable Germans wanted even more.

No mate, they’re licensing deals. Not sponsorship.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ow-a-transfer-deal-really-works-a7837031.html

Clubs can recoup transfer fees in shirt sales, right?
It is often claimed that a club can recoup a marquee player’s transfer fee through shirt sales. However, in reality, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Kit deals are not traditional sponsorship deals – they are licensing deals, which enable the kit manufacturers to use the club’s brand to sell branded apparel. Clubs will traditionally receive an annual fee – for example, Manchester United receives £75 million per year from Adidas, Chelsea receives an initial £60 million per year from Nike, and Arsenal receives £30 million per year from Puma – and then 10-15% of the revenue the kit manufacturer generates from shirt sales.

Furthermore, signing a star player doesn’t lead to as many new kits being sold as one might think. While there will usually be an uptick in shirts sold in the market where the player came from, it is more often the case that those who were already planning on purchasing a shirt will choose to get the new player’s name on the back, rather than an existing player.

Learn something new every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.