Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been lacking a quality RW for ages. Greenwood’s looked good but he’ll end up a striker. Plus he can’t play 50 games a season given how average Dan James looks to be. It makes a lot of sense, shame he’s going to them.

Yes they could have gone for Torres, I’m glad we’ve got him, but let’s not pretend Sancho isn’t a massive coup, especially since Inter are taking Sanchez’s massive wages off their books.

I agree that Sancho is a good signing for them

However the Sanchez bit - Utd have had to pay him off to leave and rip up his contract havent they - that (with two years on his contract left) must have been some pay off.......if he is on £300,000 a week thats a £15.6m pay off!

Sancho, Greenwood, Rasford and Martial is a potent front line. Still not convinced by Pogba but Bruno (the cheating fkr) is the real deal. Gk a d defense look like an issue but conceded the 3rd least amount of goals.
This years top 4 should be a real scrap if this signing takes place. Expect the 4 to pull away from the rest. Still think City have more head room for improvement than the scum and the dippers. Our first 2 signings already make us stronger..

However the Sanchez bit - Utd have had to pay him off to leave and rip up his contract havent they - that (with two years on his contract left) must have been some pay off.......if he is on £300,000 a week thats a £15.6m pay off!
Maths not your strong point Simon?

£15.6m would be 1 year :)

oops - yes of course

So, £31.2m for a two yer pay off - does this get included in their spending with FFP?

United (and Arsenal) will be piling on the pressure on both the FA and the Government to reopen stadiums ASAP. United borrowed £140m earlier in the summer and they must be burning cash just now. They look as if they are about to add another £200m + (£120m fee + £70m wages + £30m pay off) to their liabilities by signing Sancho, giving him a 5 year deal and paying Sanchez off - but they are the Kings of Financial Prudence - and we are ruining football....

United (and Arsenal) will be piling on the pressure on both the FA and the Government to reopen stadiums ASAP. United borrowed £140m earlier in the summer and they must be burning cash just now. They look as if they are about to add another £200m + (£120m fee + £70m wages + £30m pay off) to their liabilities by signing Sancho, giving him a 5 year deal and paying Sanchez off - but they are the Kings of Financial Prudence - and we are ruining football....

Would we have had to borrow money to keep ourselves going - I know HRH couldnt just put more money into the club or we would be in trouble again (wouldnt we?)

Would we have had to borrow money to keep ourselves going - I know HRH couldnt just put more money into the club or we would be in trouble again (wouldnt we?)

I’m guessing we are using the £400m Silverlake money - and the Pandemic has hurt us less than some rivals -give our lower dependence on match day revenues.

Closer to 400k a week allegedly Simon, more like £40m

oops - yes of course

So, £31.2m for a two yer pay off - does this get included in their spending with FFP?

I think FFP is fecked for the next couple of years. They could even get the owners to put some money in disguised as sponsors money - but the owners haven't got any cash.

I’m guessing we are using the £400m Silverlake money - and the Pandemic has hurt us less than some rivals -give our lower dependence on match day revenues.

This is the key!

That Silverlake deal was remarkably well timed, given subsequent global events. We can use that to support any part of our operation, which gives us an insulation to the financial effects of the pandemic many of our competitors would desperately love to have.

The Rags, Arsenal and Tottenham have all had to take out loans to support themselves through this, saddling their clubs with even more debt, whilst we sit on £400m generated purely through realising the value of our Club. But of course - we're ruining football, whilst United illumiate the true path in financial prudence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.