Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez at 20 was at Le Havre B team trying to work his way in to Le Havre first team and that is French Ligue 2.
Comparing that to Sancho at 20 who has the X factor already at a very serious level, top Bundesliga club and CL club.

Come on...
And Michael Owen was phenomenal at 20. Rashford has the X factor. Not sure that Sancho does. £108m is clearly ridiculous for a team that is unbalanced and forward heavy.

I remember watching him start (pretty sure it was his debut against a foreign team) and he got hooked. He came off looking like the coach had pissed on his cornflakes, it was actually Foden who replaced him and Foden stuck his hand out as you do. Sancho just glared straight ahead and brushed right past him. Foden looked momentarily perplexed but just shrugged his shoulders and carried on. I knew then that the coaching staff had a job on their hands.

Why do you keep trying to deflect the narrative on to Foden? Seems very strange.

How is it strange? I am using your own logic against you. All young players make mistakes like i said and i think it is unfair for you to judge him. Don't forget, the lad is only 20 years of age. If he was linked to coming to City, you would not be saying what you have said.

Sancho probably is a little arrogant, he probably is full of himself... but there are many footballers that are like that. Cristiano Ronaldo being one of them, but if Ronaldo didn't have the arrogance and self belief that he has, he wouldn't be half the player.

Sometimes its good to have a maverick in your team. Sometimes its good to have personality in your team. Real Madrid had a team full of muppets, but they won 3 CL on the trot.

Foden and Greenwood were stupid and gullible and deserve everything that has come their way, NQAT.
One thing neither has done is to go AWOL from training as Sancho did at City and on at least two occasions at Dortmund, along with being dropped for an unprofessional attitude.

I would say what Greenwood and Foden have done is worse.

First caps for England for both of them and they are more interested in getting their ends away and putting everyone else at risk in the hotel and breaching covid rules because of their own selfishness and stupidity.

I'd pay the money for him in a heartbeat. We have a natural home for him in the squad seeing Mahrez is not trusted by Pep in big games. As for being too expensive, I agree but we'll probably end up being 75m for a 29 year old defender who had an average year so what does the money even matter.

As for personality and attitude, our best young player was recently caught shagging some random blonde while having a 1 year old baby back at home and being called up to NT for the first time. If one gets benefit of doubt the other must aswell.

100% agree. Would help if some fans took their blue tinted specs off for a day and used their common sense.

As mentioned previously, i would love Sancho back here at City, but Haaland is more needed at this moment in time.

As much as i love Mahrez, he is 29 years of age, Sancho is 20. if we could do a deal where we sacrificed Mahrez to have Sancho here in his place, that would be perfect. Our attack would be set for years if we also acquired Haaland as well as Aguero's replacement.

Jadon Sancho is unquestionably a very, very talented player. Realising that talent is a whole different ball game though. When you look at personality profiles at our club that succeed, application in training and a degree of humility are what you see and we have (overall) thrived domestically over the past decade.

Look across the City at our noisy neighbours and the dominant personalities in their squad. Arrogant, lack of application (sometimes although annoyingly it’s improving slightly) and more interested their social media following.

There are of course exceptions in both squads, but essentially I’m saying Sancho, as talented as he is, won’t achieve the top level unless he changes his attitude.

I would say what Greenwood and Foden have done is worse.

First caps for England for both of them and they are more interested in getting their ends away and putting everyone else at risk in the hotel and breaching covid rules because of their own selfishness and stupidity.

It is worse, but it does seem to be at least somewhat out of character in Foden's case.

The stuff Sancho gets upto, seems to be in character.

It is worse, but it does seem to be at least somewhat out of character in Foden's case.

The stuff Sancho gets upto, seems to be in character.

But the same people on this forum laughed when the media said what Maguire did was out of character.

Foden has always struck me as a well grounded kid, but i haven't really got an opinion on Sancho. He might be a little arrogant yes, but it doesn't make him a bad person.

Yes, he didn't turn up for training when he was 16 at City as he wanted to leave, but neither did Messi. Does that also make him a bad person and a bad professional?

Sancho left at 16 to play in a different country for a very good club who are renowned for developing youth players. I would say his decision to leave and to get regular football paid off. Pep seems stubborn enough not to bring him back, but i wouldn't hold any grudges personally. The kid wanted to leave to play regular football and that is exactly what he did. He has played far more games than Foden at the same age.

But the same people on this forum laughed when the media said what Maguire did was out of character.

Foden has always struck me as a well grounded kid, but i haven't really got an opinion on Sancho. He might be a little arrogant yes, but it doesn't make him a bad person.

Yes, he didn't turn up for training when he was 16 at City as he wanted to leave, but neither did Messi. Does that also make him a bad person and a bad professional?

Sancho left at 16 to play in a different country for a very good club who are renowned for developing youth players. I would say his decision to leave and to get regular football paid off. Pep seems stubborn enough not to bring him back, but i wouldn't hold any grudges personally. The kid wanted to leave to play regular football and that is exactly what he did. He has played far more games than Foden at the same age.
While I hear everything you are saying, Foden has played in a much better side. Dortmund are basically just a factory for Bayern at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.