James H Reeve

I had the pleasure of Mr Reeves company on a few occasions when he was the President of the Chadderton branch of the OSC back in the 90's.(i was the secretary of the branch) He was a real gentleman(im guessing he still is) and was always great company at the branch meetings and functions he attended.

OK. Here we go.

1968.jpg

Go to this on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsMfrZt4Ec

After 6'50" keep your eye on the copper walking behind the goal. As the commentator says, "Offside against Coleman," a shadowy figure rises up and is restrained by the constable. It is I.

Felt the urge to contribute my own memories to this thread......

I had the honour of performing along side James in a number of Junior Blue Pantomime's many years ago, back when they were held at the social club.

Belive it or not we used to be rehearse those Pantomimes for many Months in advance & James would be brilliant to be around, witty, great with the young one's.

James would often ad lib on the night & have the audience in stiches, a brilliant performer.

James, do you remember any of these productions??

Brother Goose?
Oliver Twist?
Humpty Dumpty (Yes really we did one called that!!)?
Quinnochio (Creative!!)?
Sleeping Bluety?

There were a few others but I can not recall at present, anyway top man, big fan of his work, would be great to see you at City again one day

Ah the good old days when the woman in your life would ask, "Are you coming up"..... Soon darling, as you turned the volume up to listen to James

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
The King of the phone-in!

And not given full recognition for leading the fight to reclaim dignity for the initial 'H' after it's abuse at the hands of Tony Wilson.

Anthony... if you don't mind!

The cookie monster said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRobAgPSDA[/youtube]
That was the night i was there,the bird with the rag top stripped off if i can remember and it kicked off outside..great night!

That clip is brilliant!!!!

James

To blues and indeed mancunians of a certain age you are and always will be a part of our lives

It's a privilege to see you on here sir

All the best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.