James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see him getting us any closer to champs league but he’s a good hard working player
If he's not going to get us any closer to the CL (I agree, btw), then why the fuck should we be going for him? It's precisely these kind of players we need to be avoiding. We need to be going for the best young footballers as we build again.

Someone hit the nail on the head before, this is the kind of player we'd be going for back when we looking to break top four, and making initial strides. We've outgrown players of this standing; just reeks of another Phillips.

I'm hoping it's just unfounded gossip.

I think that prices him out of a move, I reckon 70-80 mil, but you never know.

Didn’t realise Maddison was last year, so maybe 40-50 if they stay up.
I agree, don't think he moves. And yes Maddison should be decent value if we go for him.

I really like him as a player, ever since I saw him at Norwich. Smooth.

Anything south of £50m would be very good value in the current market.

Saying Maddison would be "just another Phillips" as if Phillips has not been good enough and not just been injured the whole time and barely had a kick...

Maddison could only be another Phillips if he doesn't play. And his injury record, while a concern, is nowhere near as bad as Phillips'.

If a player is English and plays for an unfashionable club they are always "overrated" and "the next Rodwell, Sinclair or Phillips". Ignoring every successful English player, and the fact that every successful English team had a number of English players.

Gareth Barry, Raheem Sterling, Jack Grealish, John Stones, Kyle Walker. Even Delph, Milner, Lescott.

What a bunch of average players...

Similar to Grealish a big fish in a small pond, when they arrive in the ocean they look lost.

Hopefully this is not true, a very good player but a few levels off the best.
Based on what? Grealish is one of our top performers this year. I'd also say Maddison is technically better than Grealish

Saying Maddison would be "just another Phillips" as if Phillips has not been good enough and not just been injured the whole time and barely had a kick...

Maddison could only be another Phillips if he doesn't play. And his injury record, while a concern, is nowhere near as bad as Phillips'.

If a player is English and plays for an unfashionable club they are always "overrated" and "the next Rodwell, Sinclair or Phillips". Ignoring every successful English player, and the fact that every successful English team had a number of English players.

Gareth Barry, Raheem Sterling, Jack Grealish, John Stones, Kyle Walker. Even Delph, Milner, Lescott.

What a bunch of average players...
GREALISH is averagre tbf

Similar to Grealish a big fish in a small pond, when they arrive in the ocean they look lost.

Hopefully this is not true, a very good player but a few levels off the best.

I think he’d be alright as a squad player, definitely better than Palmer. Not everyone can be as good as KDB, but still good enough to play for us and ease the burden on such a tiny squad. I think Maddison is quality enough as long as he’s not our only midfield signing in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.