James McAtee

He is a talent and one of the 'could make it' crew along with Palmer, Lavia, Delap and Doyle. Of course, there are more who aren't quite as far down the development route like Borges and Callum Doyle. Someone recently posted that we can get too emotional about the academy but loving a club is an emotional ride, or should be.

Yeah as @Josh_D said earlier, he has that quality Pep refers to as ‘Pausa’ and like David he always seems to find space and time on the ball so he is different in that respect
You echoed my thoughts perfectly mate. He always find space. Add that to the ‘knows how to ride challenges’ trait and deft touches.

I know people speak highly of some young midfielders out there but we could have something special in McAtee. I only hope he can show his qualities to Pep and gets a chance with the first team or at least a chance to play somewhere that can help out his game.

Nah he good player but won’t make peps team, might make a few appearances in cup games etc but won’t break through like Phil has.

You echoed my thoughts perfectly mate. He always find space. Add that to the ‘knows how to ride challenges’ trait and deft touches.

I know people speak highly of some young midfielders out there but we could have something special in McAtee. I only hope he can show his qualities to Pep and gets a chance with the first team or at least a chance to play somewhere that can help out his game.
Agree 100% mate, he’s a proper what we old farts used to refer to as a ‘schemer’. He is every bit as talented as someone like Gilmour at Chelsea - who is much more hyped - and indeed probably better, given the chance. A bit of physical development wouldn’t do him any harm.

He is a talent and one of the 'could make it' crew along with Palmer, Lavia, Delap and Doyle. Of course, there are more who aren't quite as far down the development route like Borges and Callum Doyle. Someone recently posted that we can get too emotional about the academy but loving a club is an emotional ride, or should be.
Quite right at the emotional bit. With the academy, I’m quite pragmatic. Only when I go to sleep or dream do I start fantasising about 6/7 players making up the first team in the future.

A guy can dream eh :)

Agree 100% mate, he’s a proper what we old farts used to refer to as a ‘schemer’. He is every bit as talented as someone like Gilmour at Chelsea - who is much more hyped - and indeed probably better, given the chance. A bit of physical development wouldn’t do him any harm.
Quite right there.

In some ways, I’m glad there’s no ‘proper noise’ about the outstanding lads in the academy. We know they spoke about Delap and such after a good campaign at that level but it’s all somewhat low-key.

I don’t have social media so I may be wrong but at least they can go about things without being under a lense or massive pressure.

I’m not sure many would’ve been able to handle the calls to go out on loan thrown in Foden’s direction or that he was wasting his talent...

These same bastards...ehem I meant these ‘pundits’ will be the ones who will act like they were always on your side.

So if a couple of these lads make it here in a couple of years without the noise, that’ll be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.