James McAtee

I didn’t see a thread for him anywhere so I thought I’d make one. The mods can delete if there is one.

I know the likes of Lavia, Delap and Palmer are being heavily spoken about with regards to training with the first team or more potential minutes but I don’t usually see McAtee’s name mentioned.

He has a lovely weight of pass and very calm on the ball; silky player. I’d say he slightly has the traits of ‘pausa’ that is inferred from Pep’s statements when talking about midfielders.

On BM, I know people mention him here and there, however, don’t others find him equally as talented as Delap and such? He could be special.

I didn’t see a thread for him anywhere so I thought I’d make one. The mods can delete if there is one.

I know the likes of Lavia, Delap and Palmer are being heavily spoken about with regards to training with the first team or more potential minutes but I don’t usually see McAtee’s name mentioned.

He has a lovely weight of pass and very calm on the ball; silky player. I’d say he slightly has the traits of ‘pausa’ that is inferred from Pep’s statements when talking about midfielders.

On BM, I know people mention him here and there, however, don’t others find him equally as talented as Delap and such? He could be special.

The biggest problem for McAtee is going to be his position is heavily covered. Lovely little player though.

Good player, has a kind of lazy on the eye style to his play. Likely end up on loan as I don’t think another academy midfielder will break in to peps team

There are 4 young players that I have seen whilst still youth players that have the first requirement to be a top player. The 4 players are Paul Lake, Michael Johnson, Phil Foden + James McAtee

They all have great balance and the ability to create space when there is limited available. To make it to the very top requires graft, dedication and also luck.

There is always something special about talented left footed players in particular . City are truly fortunate thanks to Sheik Mansour that we are building and replenishing outstanding talent on a yearly basis.
I’ve only been to one youth game, I wanted to watch Alex Nimley, as I’d probably read somewhere he was great (this was pre takeover and I was desperate for another SWP as we were shit).

It was at COMS, a rag I knew asked what I was doing and came along. Anyway, Nimley was shite, but we had a right back who looked amazing.

I said to my mate, I bet you that number 2 plays for England.

I’ve only been to one youth game, I wanted to watch Alex Nimley, as I’d probably read somewhere he was great (this was pre takeover and I was desperate for another SWP as we were shit).

It was at COMS, a rag I knew asked what I was doing and came along. Anyway, Nimley was shite, but we had a right back who looked amazing.

I said to my mate, I bet you that number 2 plays for England.
Trippier?

The thing with James is that he isn't as "exciting" I suppose like Delap and Palmer who are more "forwards", and I think forwards who score goals tend to get most of the headlines.

For example, Palmer is an attacking midfielder too, but made the transition to winger, that James cannot.

In that sense, Palmer is more of a "forward".

What James has that is that more "David Silva"-like quality that even Palmer and Foden lack, who I would say are more dynamic or explosive.

In terms of that kind of player, we really only have Gundogan, even KdB isn't that kind of player, so in a weird sense, James might have one of the best chances in making it in our team, considering Gundogan is his only competition in terms of play style.

He definitely seems to have the right attitude - one of his biggest faults last season was his finishing and he’s posted lots of videos over the summer on Instagram of him having one to one finishing lessons

The thing with James is that he isn't as "exciting" I suppose like Delap and Palmer who are more "forwards", and I think forwards who score goals tend to get most of the headlines.

For example, Palmer is an attacking midfielder too, but made the transition to winger, that James cannot.

In that sense, Palmer is more of a "forward".

What James has that is that more "David Silva"-like quality that even Palmer and Foden lack, who I would say are more dynamic or explosive.

In terms of that kind of player, we really only have Gundogan, even KdB isn't that kind of player, so in a weird sense, James might have one of the best chances in making it in our team, considering Gundogan is his only competition in terms of play style.
Yeah as @Josh_D said earlier, he has that quality Pep refers to as ‘Pausa’ and like David he always seems to find space and time on the ball so he is different in that respect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.