James McAtee

He certainly seems to have the same composure on the ball, intelligence and eye for a pass as Dave.

He does look bigger and stronger though, and like you say more of an eye for goal.

Whether he can dictate games like Dave did is another matter, in fairness other than Xavi and Modric I can’t think of a player in the modern era as good as Dave at that.

I guess McAtee is way too young to be dictating games at PL level anyway, but he looks like he has the intelligence, composure and technique required, and he couldn’t really wish for a better coach and set up to help him develop that side of his game.

I’ve not seen loads of him, but from what I have seen, he looks a very exciting prospect.
I think he could possibly play deeper, as could Phil. I also think Jack is learning the system out wide, before playing more central. Gonna be crowded in there!

he is a very talented player, no reason why he cant step up and i am glad he signed.

the next stage to step up being focussed / listening / dedication / training is the hardest step. If he disciplines himself for 2 - 3 years he is a regular first team player.

with palmer sadly out through injury, what are the chances that he gets some game time tomorrow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.