James McAtee

I have to be completely honest here. He's been an absolute passenger and I'd be surprised if he makes it out for the 2nd half.

Yes, the quality of the game is fairly poor. Yes, the style of the team doesn't necessarily suit him.

BUT, that doesn't excuse jogging around and not 'wanting it'. He's way off the pace and his body language has not been good - epitomised by his sloppy booking.

I'm one of his biggest fans and I really don't think I'm being harsh here. He needs to do a lot more as talent won't be enough.
You can partially see the problem in the EDS as well.

The problem is that if McAtee wasn't scoring or assisting, he didn't help the midfield tick. Currently Bobb in the EDS even if he finished with no goals or assists is orchestrating the entire EDS attack.

I have to be completely honest here. He's been an absolute passenger and I'd be surprised if he makes it out for the 2nd half.

Yes, the quality of the game is fairly poor. Yes, the style of the team doesn't necessarily suit him.

BUT, that doesn't excuse jogging around and not 'wanting it'. He's way off the pace and his body language has not been good - epitomised by his sloppy booking.

I'm one of his biggest fans and I really don't think I'm being harsh here. He needs to do a lot more as talent won't be enough.
Him and Delap would’ve been a much better fit at Burnley.
Watched Sheffield Utd twice now and they don’t resemble the way City play at all…and Stoke are even worse by all accounts.
Complete waste of time if you ask me.

Him and Delap would’ve been a much better fit at Burnley.
Watched Sheffield Utd twice now and they don’t resemble the way City play at all…and Stoke are even worse by all accounts.
Complete waste of time if you ask me.
I think using playing for Sheffield United as an excuse for this performance is a cop out.

It would be valid if the players around him are letting him down, but he looks like one of the worst players on his team in this match.

Did himself no favours there sad to say. For me needs to simplify it and make himself able to receive the with a simple pass and het in the game. Keeps spinning away when he could have had a simple pass so never gets it. Not sure of his position either, not really probing like a midfielder. Needs a big rethink to get on track.

Poor performance, so far, from James. It is his first half of football in a new team and he has clearly struggled. Still, if he is as talented as we think he is, then he will only improve.

I think using playing for Sheffield United as an excuse for this performance is a cop out.

It would be valid if the players around him are letting him down, but he looks like one of the worst players on his team in this match.
Yeah I agree he has been shite in this match so far, but his team mates can’t string two fucking passes between them which can’t give him any confidence whatsoever

Sheff U need to stop playing like Wilder had them playing. The overlapping centre back wont catch on as they cross balls in from the corners of the box to nobody.

It’s no surprise their forwards can’t score. They have 6 foot 2 lumps chipping the ball at them aimlessly.

Did himself no favours there sad to say. For me needs to simplify it and make himself able to receive the with a simple pass and het in the game. Keeps spinning away when he could have had a simple pass so never gets it. Not sure of his position either, not really probing like a midfielder. Needs a big rethink to get on track.
One of the problems is they don’t play short passes, just whack it as hard as they can everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.