James McAtee

It’s a pity he never stayed this season as the chances would probably have been there for him. Question in the summer will be whether he has the belief to return and fight for his future here, or whether he prefers the easier option of a career elsewhere.

Lewis is 2 years younger has 40 appearances for City and an England cap.

I think I trust Pep over who is the better player.

Mcatee is a decent player - he will make a good career for himself but it won’t be at City.

City don’t loan players out for 2 years if they feel they can make it with us.

He will be sold on the Summer in my opinion.
Wouldn't be surprised, apart from the football side, it's so lucrative all round, buyers get appreciating asset, James no doubt a good deal, wouldn't be surprised if Txixi and co are on bonus' too for transfer surplus.
Would love to see another of our lads in the side but not really holding my breath.

Lewis is 2 years younger has 40 appearances for City and an England cap.

I think I trust Pep over who is the better player.

Mcatee is a decent player - he will make a good career for himself but it won’t be at City.

City don’t loan players out for 2 years if they feel they can make it with us.

He will be sold on the Summer in my opinion.

City didn’t won’t him to go on loan. Pep wanted him to stay at the club. I don’t remember pep saying which one was the better player.

They play in completely different positions and I think it’s much harder for young attacking players to get into our side.

Based on previous players no player who goes on loan will make it at city. That will change if the player is good enough though - I think Mcatee has all the talent to play for us.

City didn’t won’t him to go on loan. Pep wanted him to stay at the club. I don’t remember pep saying which one was the better player.

They play in completely different positions and I think it’s much harder for young attacking players to get into our side.

Based on previous players no player who goes on loan will make it at city. That will change if the player is good enough though - I think Mcatee has all the talent to play for us.
If Pep didn’t want him to go on loan he wouldn’t have gone on loan.

Quite right you can’t compare different players that play different positions.
But Pep has trusted Lewis in a way we have only seen with Foden previously.

The trouble is blues see an assist or a goal and suddenly start writing on this thread he should be back at City. Then say nothing for a month or two - then there is another goal or assist and it starts again.

I’ve seen a fair bit of him as my in-laws are blades with season tickets and I go with them on occasion when we don’t have a game.

In my opinion he hasn’t improved from the glimpses we saw at City and won’t ever be good enough for City. But I’m sure he will make a career possibly in the Premier League.

Based on what exactly?

Nothing really mate to be honest, just on a few reports that we would be prepared to sell him? Didn’t we turn down £30m last summer? Palmer went for £42m so maybe if the club don’t think he’ll get a chance and having some new player ideas that a big fee may tempt the club to sell

If Pep didn’t want him to go on loan he wouldn’t have gone on loan.
If a player wants to leave pep wont stand in his way, especially if they are a youth player or we get the right offer.

I get what you’re saying, but for me he made the right choice. He’s wasn’t going to get enough minutes at city. Lewis in his position will get minutes, it’s much harder for an attacking youngster.

I don’t think we should be comparing foden to any young player, he’s a once in a generation talent.

We’ll see what happens either way!

McAtee is starting to play 90 minutes on a regular basis, and it’s quite common for young players to take half a season to get used to the pace of the game. He’s already played 90 minutes in 3 Premier League games and that’s actually more full games than he managed in a near season in the Championship last year. At this rate (1008 minutes) he‘ll outstrip the league minutes from last year (1899 minutes) and that should stand him in good stead. If he can avoid injury, he should do better personally in the coming months irrespective of how his side fares. McAtee’s problem down the line could be that Bobb will be competing for similar game time and both will ultimately need to play in the middle. The former will be 22 in the autumn and will be more physically hardened, Bobb will be 21 in the summer, but I’d like to think the club can accommodate both next season.

He wouldn’t have played a minute at City this season so it’s nonsense to suggest it was better for him to stay or blaming agents.

It’s also ridiculous to suggest a season in the Championship is more beneficial than a season in the premier league.

He’s 21 and his chance at City like with Delap has passed.

The best thing for him is to look after his own career but unfortunately that won’t be at City.

'Doom' or not, I get where you're coming from and it's basically where I'm at.

I think when a player is young and they get a chance under Guardiola, that player has to make Guardiola 'see' him. Gotta play out of his skin, to be brave and force Guardiola to envisage a use for him in the team.

That's what happened with Foden, Lewis (I, personally, don't rate him) and [to some degree] Palmer. McAtee, like Phillips unfortunately, played it too safe and camouflaged into the background thus not getting the chance to show the actual talent we know is there.

I don't know whether it was nerves or not but not seeing a player step up to the mark is disappointing but, also, not everyone can do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.