James McAtee

What's his next step, a loan to a team pushing top 8 next season? Preferably one who plays fotoball. Minimal minutes at city isn't great for him losing him is worse. There's definitely a player there.

I'd hope that he returns to play the minimum minutes but is in the squad proper so will be in training games against some of the very best in the world and watched by the best manager in the world.

Palmer is showing the benefit of doing that last year. Had he gone on loan like McAtee has done I don't think he'd be any better - I'd suspect he'd not be anywhere close to where he is.

I don't see McAfee as being ahead or or behind Bobb or any other young players in the squad. They all have the same chance to create and score against Ederson, Ortega, Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Akanji, Rodri, Bernardo, Kovacic, .... etc. If they shine in training then they are special.

Wilder must have said to him stay up front, I don't need you back all the time. That's not doing him a lot of good atm, as afr as development. He has to do both.
It's just me, but I see a lot of David in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.