James McAtee

In my opinion, he's the best player I've seen play for the EDS team (Foden skipped EDS football). I'm convinced he can play at the highest level. I love watching him play
Agreed, I rate him more highly than Palmer. It was impossible for him to show what he can do in that Sheffield United team. He was a victim in one of the worst PL teams of all time, surrounded by absolute shite in all positions. Guardiola said ‘I don’t care how he plays, I know how good he is’

Agreed, I rate him more highly than Palmer. It was impossible for him to show what he can do in that Sheffield United team. He was a victim in one of the worst PL teams of all time, surrounded by absolute shite in all positions. Guardiola said ‘I don’t care how he plays, I know how good he is’
Ooh; steel yourself!

I'm really looking forward to seeing McAtee get a decent run out in pre-season. He's definitely got the ability, just needs to be given game time. Maybe the club are wary of repeating the mistake they made with Cole Palmer.

It definitely has the feel of them wanting to avoid another Palmer situation. We won't hold players back but Palmer's value and stock has risen dramatically and they will be gutted he is no longer at the club.

McAtee was incredible at EDS level and perhaps Pep is recognising that whilst it's levels off the PL it can still be a good measure of ability. He was never going to get to the first team and perform in exactly the same manner, he used to dribble past three or four and bury it top corner in the EDS, but his vision and ability in a team like ours should see him excel.

Patience is key, as he has to adapt to our style again now. But I would love for more academy players to come through if we aren't looking to invest in the market this summer.

This pre season is an excellent opportunity for a number of young players.

Expected more him

I hope he do another PL loan to continue his development as I think he will get less than 500 minutes if he stays
I know what you mean mate and it's a pretty good shout, I just feel he needs to stay and we re-evaluate at Christmas, Peps coaching for 4 or 5 month could make all the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.