James McAtee

Hope he gets a proper chance here next season. I imagine the Palmer loss is now hurting a bit given his value is already likely double what we actually got for him less than a year ago and they don’t want to make the same mistake for another promising academy graduate.

Would love to see Bobb and McAtee getting minutes.

Oddly don't think I've ever seen him play, is he more CM or AM ? How did he do at Sheffield ?
Attacking midfield / alongside/behind the striker. Drifted a little for the Blades. Someone pointed out that Pep loves small left footed midfielders, not that he's Messi but great on the ball and a killer pass, long or short.

Edit. He must be dying to play with players who can compliment him, again. He did well for them, but in the end, they didn't really get or believe in him. The fans loved him. Got his own song.

Attacking midfield / alongside/behind the striker. Drifted a little for the Blades. Someone pointed out that Pep loves small left footed midfielders, not that he's Messi but great on the ball and a killer pass, long or short.

Edit. He must be dying to play with players who can compliment him, again. He did well for them, but in the end, they didn't really get or believe in him. The fans loved him. Got his own song.
Fodens like ? Could he long term replace KDB, been banging on for a while Foden is the KDB replacement and what we really need is somebody to fill Fodens old role in the squad..

In my opinion, he's the best player I've seen play for the EDS team (Foden skipped EDS football). I'm convinced he can play at the highest level. I love watching him play

Fodens like ? Could he long term replace KDB, been banging on for a while Foden is the KDB replacement and what we really need is somebody to fill Fodens old role in the squad..
Personally, I don't think he replaced Sergio or David, he just found another way. There isn't another like for like for Kev out there. He's capable of lots of Kev like passes imho, but more like David. But we have Phil Oscar Bernie (poss) capable of playing that inside position. If you add him to that, there is no real room for him. But if he were to back up Bernie for Bernie's last season, then take over. Who knows - maybe Bernie will finally run out of charge this season. They talk rightly about Rodri, but Bernie runs 13k every game 3 x per week!

Excited to hear Pep backing McAtee. He made a success of his first loan at Sheffield despite initially looking lost in men's football. Last year was harder but he still worked hard. I have no doubts about his work ethic - he just needs to grab chances when he gets them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.