James McAtee

On a slight side note.

Do we know how he's getting on with the step up to first team training? Palmer was there a good few months before he got a start, McAtee has been called up about 2/3 weeks now.

I know Cancelo name check him, but have there been any club info/reports on how he handling it?

McAtee has been training with the first team pretty much all season tbf, and he trained with them plenty last season too.

Swindon Town next up for him probably. but probably as a sub not as starter. after that it could be the next Carabao game in September 2022.

well i am not optimistic, clearly , but thats what I feel.

Swindon Town next up for him probably. but probably as a sub not as starter. after that it could be the next Carabao game in September 2022.

well i am not optimistic, clearly , but thats what I feel.

It will be full strength against Swindon unfortunately, given that we have a full week off before and after it.

Said it earlier, but he needs a loan move. He isn’t going to play for us this season. Not enough anyway to develop

last night was so disappointing. Game that meant nothing and still didn’t play him
He won't accept a loan and all the baggage it carries, he will just leave to a club who want him.

I’m not sure that just training with Pep and not actually playing is quite the brilliant experience people seem to think it is. Tommy Doyle stuck around last season when he should have gone on loan, and now he can’t even get a game in the German second division. Same with Felix Nmecha really (I know he’s left, but he stuck around for ages and now barely plays for Wolfsburg).

I’m not sure that just training with Pep and not actually playing is quite the brilliant experience people seem to think it is. Tommy Doyle stuck around last season when he should have gone on loan, and now he can’t even get a game in the German second division. Same with Felix Nmecha really (I know he’s left, but he stuck around for ages and now barely plays for Wolfsburg).

I'm usually the first to call out the "if they're good enough they'll make it" bullshit but, unfortunately, Tommy doesn't look like he's close to our level at this stage in his career and I can't say I've ever been particularly impressed by Felix Nmecha.

I don't think a lack of loans is the reason why those two aren't with our first team right now.

I'm usually the first to call out the "if they're good enough they'll make it" bullshit but, unfortunately, Tommy doesn't look like he's close to our level at this stage in his career and I can't say I've ever been particularly impressed by Felix Nmecha.

I don't think a lack of loans is the reason why those two aren't with our first team right now.

But I wasn’t suggesting that they should be with our first team, I was pointing out that sticking around whilst they could have been on loan didn’t really do they any favours. Just look at Mount, Gallagher and James at Chelsea - all went on loan at 18 and are all now England internationals and PL regulars.

We all want James to do well here and many, including me, are disappointed he didn't appear. Behind the scenes though, I expect that Pep will have been very, very clear with all the young players who are in the first-team squad and let them know that barring injury, they would not appear. If that is the case, agree with it or not, then the players understand exactly what their role is and that they are considered an important part of the future: they wouldn't be a part of the travelling squad if they weren't as they would still be at home with the EDS or loaned.

But I wasn’t suggesting that they should be with our first team, I was pointing out that sticking around whilst they could have been on loan didn’t really do they any favours. Just look at Mount, Gallagher and James at Chelsea - all went on loan at 18 and are all now England internationals and PL regulars.
and now Doyle is out on loan, people are complaining hes not playing and should be here insteed. Diffferent players just gonna have different paths..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.