James Milner

Adam Donnelly said:
Sorry to say it but we look so much better when he is not in the team.

That is all

I know why you would say this, but I think its more to do with a style of play that he slowly coming to grips with and tactics which aren't basic, as i'm sure was the case at villa and certainly with england,. he will do a job for us.

even if we do go on a run of games where he isn't starting, I know I'd rather him be coming off the bench to play midfield than Gelson! Anyone see him miss a sitter against Inter today, btw??

Jimma said:
Niall, i understand what you are saying, but villa are a totally different side without him

I dont think they are totally different. Milner was the driving force for them but this season they have been very unlucky with injuries and Ireland wasnt a good buy at all for them because hes the opposite of Milner. I wouldnt mind us going for the young lad Bannan though, he looks a class act<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 am --<br /><br />
Andouble said:
even if we do go on a run of games where he isn't starting, I know I'd rather him be coming off the bench to play midfield than Gelson! Anyone see him miss a sitter against Inter today, btw??

Yes but Gelson only cost £2m so theres bound to be a bit of a difference ;)

Adam Donnelly said:

That is all

i agree, i hate seeing him play on the wing, if u want to sub somone on to play on the wing sub a real winger like swp.

i'd rather have milner play instead of yaya though, yayas fkn useless 70% of the time

niall_mcfc said:
People who say hes never been a winger must of only started watching him last season. Every season before that he was a winger, at Leeds, Newcastle and for a time at Villa. So to say hes never been a winger and is being played out of position is completely untrue because he is a winger who was converted because he wasnt good enough to play in that position for a top 6-8 club in the prem.

He succeeded at that position which led to Villa paying £12m for him. MON then realised he isnt worth that out on the wing so moved him to the middle where he excelled in an average side tbh, they have a good defence that kept them steady and then the outball to Young or Agbonlahor. That Villa side has hardly changed from when Milner was there and when hes not imo. Way way overrated by both City fans and Villa fans and the media because hes English.

Ireland got no praise from oppostion clubs or media for his form 2 years ago because hes not English. He turned out to be a 1 season wonder but the point im making is that English players are massively overrated here compared to foreigners and that includes Milner unfortunately.

I thought we'd paid way over the odds to get him and imo we should of never got him in the 1st place as we should of gone for a winger to replace Bellers or a more creative midfielder like a Xabi Alonso(i understand there arent many like him available).

Im not saying that hes at the same level of Ireland but hes not far ahead and for £26m we could have bought a lot better.

Agree 100%

dctid said:
Adam Donnelly said:

That is all

Shite - if Milner played where Barry or Yaya plays he would be equally if not more effective = however he aint a winger never fookin has been

James is a true professional. He will play anywhere for the good of the team rather than think where a situation takes him professionally. He's even had a stint at full-back, I think. Whether he starts or comes off the bench I have a lot of faith in him to deliver.

The football intellectual's know how significant Milner NOT playing on the left wing actually was.

It was the same against West Brom away - and yesterday. Both our best performances of the season away from home. And that's because we are far more fluent, quicker tempo, without him playing on the wide left. Even for all of Jo's lack of ability, it was more fluent, one - two touch, with better shape and more width and direction (as it was with Balotelli at West Brom).

This Milner argument is now over. If he IS to play, he will have to play more central.

If Milner played anywhere on that pitch in that game we wouldn't have this. We have a strong squad in depth and just because he sat out a really good win means the team can do without him. If Yaya sat out that game and Milner played his role this thread would be on Yaya.

Youtube Arnold Schwarzenegger saying bull sh** 'cause that is my reply to this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.