James Milner

Stillsy

I have been his biggest critic since he has been here but yesterday he really impressed me.

He was up and down all game full of energy and suprisingly he was very quick! He put in some good tackles (the one where he cleaned out kalou i think it was?)

He also won a lot of headers out on the wing which was unusual for him being so small! I felt sorry for him too when cole took a little kick at him and then 4 of them surrounded him like a pack of wolves and he was just lying there i was impressed with big nige sprinting over to help him!

He has no ability to take on a man but shouldnt be on the wing should he. He should be starting in the middle every game instead of Barry.

Really impressed with him these days.

Yesterdays game was Milner in a nutshell! He will run all day for you, give you 100% but has little or no ability on the ball.

I am far from his biggest fan but I do agree that he would start over Barry for me every day of the week!

I do think he needs to be given an extended run it midfield.
More energy than Toure and more direct than Barry.
Got a decent shot on him as well if he can get in position.

There were two sides to his game yesterday. I agree with you wholeheartedly on his contribution yesterday in terms of effort and commitment. But where I would criticise him is that whenever he had the chance to deliver a telling ball into the danger areas, he fluffed it. If he can can sort that out then we would have a player on our hands.

Plenty of energy but lacked the intelligence at crutial moments of the game. I dont think he is match fit yet.

Throw him in Barrys position and throw on Johnson, desperate for energy and drive in the middle, desperate.

OrigamiNinja said:
Yesterdays game was Milner in a nutshell! He will run all day for you, give you 100% but has little or no ability on the ball.

and I don't think it's really his fault. We and him all thought he'd come in and play in the middle and he has rarely done that.

You'd think that after playing the same tired Barry/Yaya combo for weeks we'd have switched it up a bit. I posted before the game I would have went with
-NDJ-Yaya-
AJ-Milner-Silva
--Dzeko-

think that would have given us more drive and also some creativity.

Did you see that challenge on him yesterday after the play has been stopped? Was I imagining it? Nobody here at work saw it but I recall thinking it was a definite red? Was it Torres even?

He played well yesterday but, yeah, have to agree that he does not offer enough going forward. Away from home that is fair enough - Mancini put him in there to do a job. He did have a couple of chances early on to score but fluffed them both, probably due to lack of match practice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.