James Milner

Milner for me had 1 very good season and we all were raving about him, he is average at best FACT and for me needs to go.

funny how Milners shit form appears soon after his arrival at City. He was playing well for England and Villa before he signed for us. The big problem we have and it happens time and time again, we win good possesion in midfield pass it to Silva, Silva bombs forward, finds there is only him upfront, he spins around and passes the ball back or is caught in possesion. Platt, Kidd and Mancini do not inspire me with confidence.

Matt the Giant said:
BlueCityfan said:
----------------Joe Hart
Richards-Kompany-Boateng-Coentrao
----------------De Jong
-------James Milner---Yaya Toure
--Carlos Tevez--------------David Silva
---------------Edin Dzeko

Beautiful! (If you swap Boateng for Lescott!!)
And if Tevez is instructed to pass the ball to Dzeko, or anyone else in a better position than him, this would work wonders.

Watching this line-up makes me go:

cornholio_e0.gif

Dunno about Lescott mate. Has been good recently but is getting old soon. Pretty much same as Kolo. But i think he might be useful next season.

Also..Boateng has not showed his abilities yet. But i think he will come good. He is very fast..still tall and can head the ball.

German international and is surely improving. I think he is like Vinny..but maybe a little faster. He might turn out to be as good as him.

His both feet are very good too. Perfect fit with Kompany. (both came from hamburg also)

Stillsy said:
I have been his biggest critic since he has been here but yesterday he really impressed me.

He was up and down all game full of energy and suprisingly he was very quick! He put in some good tackles (the one where he cleaned out kalou i think it was?)

He also won a lot of headers out on the wing which was unusual for him being so small! I felt sorry for him too when cole took a little kick at him and then 4 of them surrounded him like a pack of wolves and he was just lying there i was impressed with big nige sprinting over to help him!

He has no ability to take on a man but shouldnt be on the wing should he. He should be starting in the middle every game instead of Barry.

Really impressed with him these days.

I like Milner and always have for his effort and stamina but yesterday I was disppointed again with his final pass/cross.He had a few great positions and I reckon Dzeko was hoping for something to have a go at but nothing.

mancmackem said:
Was poor going forward yesterday, lost the ball 3 times in key positions.

Agreed, but he also did a fair job tracking back on Cole, and made a few crucial tackles. Praise when praise is due and the like...

Give him the chance and Milner will score goals from Mid-Feild.

But with out a run in the team (at the expense of barry - Sorry GazBaz i've supported you all this way, but you were bobbins yesterday) Milner would be fine

OrigamiNinja said:
Yesterdays game was Milner in a nutshell! He will run all day for you, give you 100% but has little or no ability on the ball.

I am far from his biggest fan but I do agree that he would start over Barry for me every day of the week!

agreed..its either him or barry but not both

people said when we bought him that he would be our new creative force...well Ive seen very little to nothing of this for the whole season

yes he works hard, runs up and down all day, tackles well and defends well......but as an attacking option he has been extremely poor.....even his supposed ability to cross a ball seems to have disappeared.

an average player with very little to no creativity

BlueCityfan said:
Dunno about Lescott mate. Has been good recently but is getting old soon. Pretty much same as Kolo. But i think he might be useful next season.

Also..Boateng has not showed his abilities yet. But i think he will come good. He is very fast..still tall and can head the ball.

German international and is surely improving. I think he is like Vinny..but maybe a little faster. He might turn out to be as good as him.

His both feet are very good too. Perfect fit with Kompany. (both came from hamburg also)

I base my preference for Lescott over Boateng based on what I have seen this season. I'm not anti-Boateng, no way. I think he will turn out to be a world class CB, but might need two more seasons to get there.

Ntini77 said:
Great energy and enthusiasm, but no end product. Yesterday, in the first half, he was particularly frustrating in this aspect.

Summed up perfectly.

Credit to him though, at least he looked frustrated and annoyed with himself at times, shows he cares and has got a bit more passion than most of the others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.