James Milner

GerBlueBear said:
BlueCityfan said:
James is a SEXY BEAST!

He should star ALWAYS OVER BARRY!

IF Balotelli had Milners brains and attitude...he would have raped Lionel Messis ass already.

I love Milner! Give him a starting place! Next season line-up:

----------------Joe Hart
Richards-Kompany-Boateng-Coentrao
----------------De Jong
-------James Milner---Yaya Toure
--Carlos Tevez--------------David Silva
---------------Edin Dzeko

I was gonna big up Jimmy Milner but you've done it for me!

I think some Milner doubters realised we missed him when he was out with that hamstring injury, he would have done the world of good with all the games we had. And as people have mentioned, with him and Johnson out there has been a lack of a driving force going forward and a lack of energy throughout the midfield. Yaya is shattered we can all see it, he deserves a break and Milner deserves his chance to show what he can do in the centre of midfield. Glad he's fit again, I back him to play a key part in this last push to end the season on a high.

We did miss Milner when he was injured. When he did his hamstring in the derby I thought it was a crucial point in the game. He had too much energy for the rags ageing midfield.

When he got injured it was straight after the England match where he ran his socks off for 90 mins. Hope Capello doesn't play him for a full game next week.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 am --<br /><br />
simon23 said:
hitRECORDSam said:
Ireland's a moron and Milner's a better professional but the former is the more talented player. Mancini's mistake.

funny that isnt it....we are crying out for an extra creative midifielder and we sold a perfectly capable one that can fit into silvas role to take some of the pressure of him

i said getting rid of ireland was a mistake and that we should have kept him as a squad player for depth and cover for silva

milner has added virtually zero creativity to our team

Ireland was finished at City long before Mancini came. All Mancini did was put him out of his misery. Look at Ireland now, flourishing at erm... where is he again?

Milner needs to be given more of an influential role,get Yaya out of the team and let James shine.
At Villa he was seen as a pivotal figure in the centre of the park,with decent wingers either side of him i might add,however,here,our tactical genius of a manager has seen fit to use him anywhere but,prefering to play a fat,lazy,passionless lump instead.....

If i was him i would be seriously considering my future,as under Mancini,his career is going backwards.

yes, against chelsea first half reminded me of him at villa and why i was really excited when we signed him, looked alot sharper and fitter, just needs to improve going forward imo

Jimma said:
milner with a run in the middle, and johnson to his right on the wing, is the key

Spot on.

He didn't win PFA young player of the year for nothing.

He doesn't seem to fit into a 3 man midfield. His energy is probably his biggest asset and at Villa in a 2 he was able to fully exploit that, covering every blade of grass.
With the patient game we play with the emphasis on passing quality, he isn't good enough to take the deeper, almost regista-type role on Yaya's more advanced. Hence him being put onto the wing for the majority of his appearances.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I think we need players like him who are willing to play anywhere and do a job. He isn't going to be grabbing the headlines like he was as the main man at Villa, but it's a squad game and we've seen how much not being able to rotate through the past 2 months has damaged us.

blue_soundwave said:
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I think we need players like him who are willing to play anywhere and do a job.

The kind of thing you would expect to be said of a Rochdale player!!!

Fuck this playing players out of position, its fucking bollox!

2 top class players for every position we were promised by Roberto himself yet he seems hell bent on playing most out of position?

Milner. PFA young player of the year in 2010 for his outstanding performances as a CM for Villa and Bobby plays him on the fucking wing!

Clueless.

I think it applies to any level of football, really. It's great to have players who are versatile and I think that's testament to Milner's attitude. I don't think the '2 great players for every position' thing is as simple as that, top class players aren't happy being second fiddle; but when you have a player of Milner's (or even Zabaleta) quality it's a very useful thing over the course of a season.

No matter what Milners preferred position i think everyone on here can agree being underwhelmed by his first season with us. Played in the yaya role all season would we really have seen that much more?

He played in a system that got the best out of him at villa, here, hes a peg were not really sure the shape of trying to fit into a hole were also not really sure the shape of.

FantasyIreland said:
Milner needs to be given more of an influential role,get Yaya out of the team and let James shine.
At Villa he was seen as a pivotal figure in the centre of the park,with decent wingers either side of him i might add,however,here,our tactical genius of a manager has seen fit to use him anywhere but,prefering to play a fat,lazy,passionless lump instead.....

If i was him i would be seriously considering my future,as under Mancini,his career is going backwards.

It's Barry that should be out not yaya, barry is slow, can't pass.

de jong does his job, let yaya sit, when he wants he can pick a pass or have a charge forward.

-------De Jong---Y.Toure

-------------Milner

that's the one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.