James Milner

I personally would love to Milner at right back.

Our full backs have shown to be very important in the way we play. Was that not Zaba's 6th assist of the season on Saturday?

Right back isn't the same position it was a few years back. Full backs make goals, make space. Milner has Zaba's pace and energy. He has his aggression and ability on the ball. If he can be half the defender Zaba is I'd be delighted to see him at right back.

As for his England hopes, well it looks like he has no starting role, if I were him, take 2 months at City playing right back and I'd be pretty darn sure he'll be a better RB than Johnson or Walker.

With Zabaleta joining Micah Richards in the treatment room, City are now without a recognised right back. Dedryck Boyata and Jack Rodwell are both in contention to fill the position against Fulham on Saturday, but James Milner has admitted that he is prepared to take on the role if required.
“I hope that’s not the case [that Zabaleta is out for a month], but if I’m asked to do it, I’ll do that,” Milner said. “Dedryck came in at Leicester and he’s a great young player – he’s got everything, he can defend well, he’s quick, he’s good on the ball.
“It’s down to the manager. If he gets the nod I’ve got every confidence in him. I think he’s a really good young player and he’s got a massive future ahead of him. I’ve never started a game at right back for City, but I’ve filled in, so we’ll see what happens.”

So the actual quote seems to have been manipulated slightly.

BillyShears said:
I like Jimmy but personally i'm very very disappointed in his comments about playing R/B. A player like him who is in and out of the team should be grasping the opportunity to play, no matter what the position. Complaining that he's doing well going forward and to say "i hope not" when asked if he will be moved to r/b is very very poor form IMO.

Billy I think you have misread this, out of context. He was actually asked " Zabba is out woukd you be happy to fill in?" Which is different to what comes over here.

blueyorkie said:
BillyShears said:
I like Jimmy but personally i'm very very disappointed in his comments about playing R/B. A player like him who is in and out of the team should be grasping the opportunity to play, no matter what the position. Complaining that he's doing well going forward and to say "i hope not" when asked if he will be moved to r/b is very very poor form IMO.

Billy I think you have misread this, out of context. He was actually asked " Zabba is out woukd you be happy to fill in?" Which is different to what comes over here.

Yeah , the quote above implies that which is fair enough. My apologies to Jimmy and his supporters who I may have offended ! :)

Academica said:
Milner is not a fullback, end off.
Yet he's by far the best option we have available now that our two recognised ones are injured. Boyata isn't good enough. He's not comfortable on the ball or capable of covering the distances needed due to the way we play our game. Milner will do just fine for the time being.

Pablo1 said:
Academica said:
Yet he's by far the best option we have available now that our two recognised ones are injured. Boyata isn't good enough. He's not comfortable on the ball or capable of covering the distances needed due to the way we play our game. Milner will do just fine for the time being.

Not for me, if he does play there I hope your right.

Academica said:
Pablo1 said:
Academica said:

Not for me, if he does play there I hope your right.
So do I. It's no guarantee of course, he could end up having a terrible time, just from what I've seen of him so far in that position and the general way he approaches the game I think he's our best option right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.