James Milner

without a dream said:
BillyShears said:
I like Jimmy but personally i'm very very disappointed in his comments about playing R/B. A player like him who is in and out of the team should be grasping the opportunity to play, no matter what the position. Complaining that he's doing well going forward and to say "i hope not" when asked if he will be moved to r/b is very very poor form IMO.

Bit tabloidy that Billy,

“Ideally, I won’t move back to right back because things seem to be going well moving forward,” he added.
“The team comes first, if that’s needed I’ll do it.”

I wouldn't expect him to be delighted to be shifted out to right back when he's in the attacking form of his life but as he says he'll do it if he's asked.

This is the quote that stood out for me:

“I hope that’s not the case but if I’m asked to do it, I’ll do that."

Yes maybe he's just being honest, but still with his contract situation as it is and his limited game time when everyone is fit, I would expect him to be completely happy wherever he's asked to play.

I dunno for me it just stood out as an unnecessary thing to say and one which might make the manager think twice about picking him there. Now that would be a shame considering I think he'd be the best option for this weekend.

BillyShears said:
I like Jimmy but personally i'm very very disappointed in his comments about playing R/B. A player like him who is in and out of the team should be grasping the opportunity to play, no matter what the position. Complaining that he's doing well going forward and to say "i hope not" when asked if he will be moved to r/b is very very poor form IMO.

I think he was not complaining. It is not a case of him not wanting to perform. I think he feals uncertain how he will perform. Which is very understandable, because it is totally different position than his naturale one. So he is only being honest which is a really good character trait.

Baka Sliskovic said:
BillyShears said:

I think he was not complaining. It is not a case of him not wanting to perform. I think he feals uncertain how he will perform. Which is very understandable, because it is totally different position than his naturale one. So he is only being honest which is a really good character trait.

Maybe ... but he should keep that sort of honesty for the management team. You're right he doesn't sound particularly sure of himself playing there, which again is hardly the smartest thing in the world to be saying particularly if there's a chance he will play there.

Don't get me wrong I like Milner, think he's a very good player and a top pro. This comment for me is very much out of character.

BillyShears said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
BillyShears said:

Maybe ... but he should keep that sort of honesty for the management team. You're right he doesn't sound particularly sure of himself playing there, which again is hardly the smartest thing in the world to be saying particularly if there's a chance he will play there.

Don't get me wrong I like Milner, think he's a very good player and a top pro. This comment for me is very much out of character.
Could be completely out of context as well Billy, it is our poisonous rag friends at the men :)

With Milner coming out with that I wouldn't play him RB now I'd play Boyata and see what's be is made of and Milner will probably play in front of him anyway for cover

aguero93:20 said:
Could be completely out of context as well Billy, it is our poisonous rag friends at the men :)

Maybe but the quotes taken in their entirety do sound very much like he'd rather have his teeth pulled than play r/b. As I say i find that stranger for someone who is a long way from an automatic starter. Definitely something he can say privately to the management team, but he shouldn't have said what he said IMO.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
With Milner coming out with that I wouldn't play him RB now I'd play Boyata and see what's be is made of and Milner will probably play in front of him anyway for cover

No thanks.

Really big month for Jimbo - he could well come to the rescue looking at the potential for fixture pile-up. I´m sure he´ll step up to the plate - it could be the making of him as he´s sure of getting a run of games be it at RB or midfield

The words true professional were defined by Jimmy Milner. Always gives 100% and also is extremely talented. He has so many attributes, he is strong and has great technique. He can beat a man even though he lacks outright pace and he is always looking to move. He is criticised for England performances but that is unfair, if you watch him when he plays wide left he is always looking to get into space - the other players don't make the most of him. At City his movement is exceptional and he is often the one to create chances. The 6-1 at the swamp a perfect example. He is a role model for other youngsters because of his work ethic and dedication. If he played right back I wouldn't be worried one bit.

BillyShears said:

Maybe but the quotes taken in their entirety do sound very much like he'd rather have his teeth pulled than play r/b. As I say i find that stranger for someone who is a long way from an automatic starter. Definitely something he can say privately to the management team, but he shouldn't have said what he said IMO.

-- Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm --

waspish said:

No thanks.

Boyata's not played much at right back but I remember him having his best game in a City shirt playing there in a 1-0 win v Chelsea a couple of seasons back.

Stood in The South Stand said:
BillyShears said:

Maybe but the quotes taken in their entirety do sound very much like he'd rather have his teeth pulled than play r/b. As I say i find that stranger for someone who is a long way from an automatic starter. Definitely something he can say privately to the management team, but he shouldn't have said what he said IMO.

-- Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm --

waspish said:

No thanks.

Boyata's not played much at right back but I remember him having his best game in a City shirt playing there in a 1-0 win v Chelsea a couple of seasons back.
Right before the 3rd minute red v arsenal that seemed to make Bobby's mind up never to pick him again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.