James Milner

Challenger1978 said:
ell said:
ayrshire_blue said:
^ ^

But, I disagree that he's ever undervalued because he's English. Quite the opposite actually.

If Joe Hart was a random foreign goalkeeper he'd have been hounded a hell of a lot more than he was during his poor run of form a month or so ago.

Personally I think Joe Hart received more criticism because he is English. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as was made out by the press

Agreed.

I've seen it before with other players. For instance in one match, i think it was last year, Nastasic had a stinker of a game and Rodwell was playing really well. Nastasic fucked up again (literally for about 20+ time in that match) and passed the ball to Rodwell when he was surrounded by opposition players (there were city players all over the pitch in space Nastasic could of passed to). Rodwell tried to get rid of the ball but his pass was intercepted and the other team scored.

Now Rodwell was crucified after that match and for months after it he was crucified. One mistake Rodwell made and that was due to Nastasic being a dick and passing the ball to him when he was surrounded. Nastasic on the other hand people were wanking themselves silly over him after that match, even though he was shite.

I tend to agree to a point .

It seems to be a culture of this country to our sportsmen in general- its like we can't wait for them to fail for some reason and i think its the same with some of our english players.
The number of times I've been sat next to people who just cant wait to get on the backs of the likes of jolean, Micah, Barry , hart , Milner , rodwell etc ... - i dont get it tbh .

shemnel said:
Does tend to play to a very repeating standard - and a good standard in my opinion.

Rarely plays excellently (like at Bayern) and rarely plays badly, a wonderful player to have in the squad. I just havent been 100% convinced when he starts in bigger games but i wouldnt change him, he's quite unique. Workrate and build of a centre mid but the crossing of a wonderful winger. He's quite tricky too. Best out wide in my opinion.
MOTM at Old Trafford last year, brilliant in the 1-6, brilliant at Arsenal last season, brilliant in two 3-0 wins against Liverpool.

I think he's almost essential to be in the starting line-up in the big games because if his work rate.

citytill1die84 said:
BringBackSwales said:
Where was Jimmy last night, was he injured or rested?

Think he'll get the nod on Sat mate.

hope so, just surprised he was not involved last night. I can understand Yaya and David being rested, but Jimmy wouldn't need a rest if he had played every minute of the season, which he clearly hasn't - just wondered if he got a knock on Saturday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.