James Milner

mastermind said:
summerseat blue said:
mastermind said:
Yes. They have their differences ofcourse, Iniesta has a bit more pace.

If we buy Iniesta and put him on the right of the midfield in our team, he will play just as bad as Milner there.
No he would'nt. Iniesta is in the top 5 players in the world, and i'm afraid Milner is'nt.

First of all, that's your opinion. And just because he's a great player doesn't mean he can play in any position and in any team.

I believe it was Jason Kreis who said that "if you put Messi in the worst team in the world , it'l still be the worst team in the world."

Please learn about balance, compatibility and chemistry before you make these comments.
No i would'nt play him in goal, but he could play anywhere in midfield and still be more effective than 99% of anyone in world football. I.M.H.O.

summerseat blue said:
mastermind said:
summerseat blue said:
No he would'nt. Iniesta is in the top 5 players in the world, and i'm afraid Milner is'nt.

First of all, that's your opinion. And just because he's a great player doesn't mean he can play in any position and in any team.

I believe it was Jason Kreis who said that "if you put Messi in the worst team in the world , it'l still be the worst team in the world."

Please learn about balance, compatibility and chemistry before you make these comments.
No i would'nt play him in goal, but he could play anywhere in midfield and still be more effective than 99% of anyone in world football. I.M.H.O.

You are wrong.

He can only play effectively as a left winger and left sided central midfielder/attacking midfielder. In other positions he won't be as effective.

Milner should play in the exact same zone as Iniesta, he will be bobbins outside this zone. Who plays alongside him, what transitions are happening, the distances between players and how fast attacks are put together are important as well.

mastermind said:
summerseat blue said:
mastermind said:

You are wrong.

He can only play effectively as a left winger and left sided central midfielder/attacking midfielder. In other positions he won't be as effective.

Milner should play in the exact same zone as Iniesta, he will be bobbins outside this zone. Who plays alongside him, what transitions are happening, the distances between players and how fast attacks are put together are important as well.

I love it when you tell people they're wrong. The irony is delicious.

bornblueegg said:
We cannot, <repeat CANNOT> lose Milner

That's one thing I think we can all agree on. He's a brilliant professional and rarely let's us down.

grim up north said:
bornblueegg said:

There are much better players he could be replaced by

Not every player in the squad can be world class. Jimmy is a really important squad member, good tackler, decent passer and crossed, can change the momentum of games, and is a fucking good lad and model pro as well

BringBackSwales said:
grim up north said:
bornblueegg said:

There are much better players he could be replaced by

Not every player in the squad can be world class. Jimmy is a really important squad member, good tackler, decent passer and crossed, can change the momentum of games, and is a fucking good lad and model pro as well

He is a good lad makes up for lack of ability that's ok then

Bewar3them00n said:
mastermind said:
RP2 said:
I love Milner - I believe he is a fantastic player. But as good as Iniesta??

Fuck off.

I said that he's in the mould of Iniesta not that he's as good as Iniesta.

"In the mould " means :

Code:
[IN SINGULAR] A distinctive and typical style, form, or character:

Example sentences: 

"he’s a superb striker in the same mould as Gary Lineker"

Source : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mould

In the mould of Iniesta's butt cheeks maybe? Milner does have a peachy right foot after all!!!

Strong gluteal muscles give you low centre gravity and that ability to hog the ball, in tight spaces.

Nasri, Toure, Demichelis, Milner and a few others in our squad can hog onto the ball in tight areas and this is because of the strong gluteal muscles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.