James Milner

To be fair to Milner, he came within 45 minutes of winning something that would have probably meant more to him than any of his achievements at City. Captaining a squad out playing in what he considers his best position to a European final - I'm sure that would have carried more personal weight than playing water boy to Yaya, Silva, Aguero et al. Still, no need for any of his Liverpool big club bollocks.

On another note, which can't be said enough, it's fucking disgraceful how that club treats players it wants out. The hatchet job on Moreno from McPointy, Carragher and co, not dissimilar to the scouse media attacks on Sterling, should serve as a big warning to any of their transfer targets. Cunts to a man.
That's the thing about football - you're never far from being a hero just as much as you're never far from being a zero. Thankfully for the boring **** he's ended up the latter.

To be fair Milners combined goals and assists is better than Sterlings although Milner has had a lot more game time. I think someone saying they would rather have Milner over Sterling in this thread is fine. It's comparing two players one that left us last summer and one that joined us from opposite clubs. The Sterling defenders need to wipe their fannys. In random threads yeah Sterling shouldn't just randomly be brought up into the topic however it could be argued to be relevant in this one.

Anyway couldn't of been happier watching Milner so down last night. truly magical.

Maybe, but neither can any of our players.
Quite right.i think most people once Milner left have been too harsh.he had a great work rate, totally underrated skill wise( his footwork in tight spaces on the wing were brilliant I thought.more effective than navas, although navas too has good work rate ( but still can't cross a ball).i thought his comments about playing regularly at age 30 was more important than sitting on the bench when medals were being won, were quite understandable.i was sorry to see him go, and think that this season where we showed little or no fight, he at least would have put in.
He may have been outspoken when he left, but he is just telling the truth how he felt about being left out in all the big gamed.understandable.

Milner wanted to play centre mid and there was no way that was going to happen. He played many games although ultimately when everyone was fit he wouldn't be first choice. That's football Jimmy, sorry and the unwritten rule is never slag your old employees off as you never know when it might come back to bite you...

Regardless of what he achieved or didn't achieve, Milner was a true professional who epitomised honest endeavour. Something our current squad lacked all season.

Milner always gave his best when he played for us. I therefore hold nothing against the player. He might left a bitter taste with some (he has made a few snipes, but nothing we could not handle), he wasn't always treated fairly as a player imo. Still the club and particular Khaldoon said warm words about the player. Now he's a Liverpool player and of very little interest. I just want Liverpool to win nothing, like I hope Palace beat the scum and Dortmund beat Bayern in their respective cupfinals.

Milner wanted to play centre mid and there was no way that was going to happen. He played many games although ultimately when everyone was fit he wouldn't be first choice. That's football Jimmy, sorry and the unwritten rule is never slag your old employees off as you never know when it might come back to bite you...
Again quite right, even though I was a Milner fan I didn't think he was a central midfielder I think he should have been happy out wide.and yes his comments have been surprising , I think it's just disappointment at having to leave for regular football.still think his effort and attitude should have made him picked more regularly.

Even if he sounds nowadays like a true ****, i just can't have a go at Milner.
He has been an absolute five star workhorse when he was wearing our shirt, played his role during our winning seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.