James Milner

mastermind said:
Neville Kneville said:
Milner played a decent number of games last season, but he was not treated like a potential member of our first 11. He was treated like someone who comes in, does a job, & then gets dropped again.

His role was stopping the tricky winger in a tough away game or filling in when someone got injured. I imagine he wants to be allowed to play his own game from time to time & be given the same kind of leeway to find form, that people such as Nasri have had.

How many chances does Milner normally get to cement a place in our strongest 11 ? He has one good game, one average game, dropped. Nasri for example, can turn in ten average games & even if dropped once or twice, he's still more likely to be brought back into our strongest team.

I imagine Milner wants a bit of faith shown in him, so that if he plays a blinder, it isn't forgotton because he's not as good in the next one & he gets a few more starts, to show that he can do it again, rather than being instantly cast aside as a 'squad' player.

Quite a few City fans agree with him on that.

Milner shouldn't complain but rather should get on with his job. If he's not picked, it is his fault and nobody else's fault. We have a squad of 22 players who all want to play and the only way to play regularly to is to perform in training and on the pitch. He didn't perform against Hull and therefore deserves to be on the bench against Roma in my opinion.

but he has been getting on with his job and hasn't complained up until now. He wants more game time which is understandable and not to be on the bench every week no matter how good he plays

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
mastermind said:
Neville Kneville said:
Milner played a decent number of games last season, but he was not treated like a potential member of our first 11. He was treated like someone who comes in, does a job, & then gets dropped again.

His role was stopping the tricky winger in a tough away game or filling in when someone got injured. I imagine he wants to be allowed to play his own game from time to time & be given the same kind of leeway to find form, that people such as Nasri have had.

How many chances does Milner normally get to cement a place in our strongest 11 ? He has one good game, one average game, dropped. Nasri for example, can turn in ten average games & even if dropped once or twice, he's still more likely to be brought back into our strongest team.

I imagine Milner wants a bit of faith shown in him, so that if he plays a blinder, it isn't forgotton because he's not as good in the next one & he gets a few more starts, to show that he can do it again, rather than being instantly cast aside as a 'squad' player.

Milner shouldn't complain but rather should get on with his job. If he's not picked, it is his fault and nobody else's fault. We have a squad of 22 players who all want to play and the only way to play regularly to is to perform in training and on the pitch. He didn't perform against Hull and therefore deserves to be on the bench against Roma in my opinion.

but he has been getting on with his job and hasn't complained up until now. He wants more game time which is understandable and not to be on the bench every week no matter how good he plays

Recently I read that James wants more playing time than last year if he is to sign a new contract. That sounds like moaning to me.

Very poor yesterday,having said that he has been one of our better players this season,so having an off day is excusable for now ..

mastermind said:
Neville Kneville said:

So by that logic then, you'd also drop Yaya, Fernandinho, Mangala and Silva for the Roma game? As they also didn't perform to the level we know they can.

mastermind said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
mastermind said:

Recently I read that James wants more playing time than last year if he is to sign a new contract. That sounds like moaning to me.

Moaning and telling someone what you'd want if you were to sign a new contract are completely different things. Milner has been professional and has simply stated he wants more playing time if he's to extend his contract, he's still forfilling his current one to the best of his ability, giving his all on the pitch and performing well when asked. You'd almost think it's a negotiation the player and club are having, all he's done is say what he wants.

dan.j.mcfc said:
mastermind said:
Neville Kneville said:

So by that logic then, you'd also drop Yaya, Fernandinho, Mangala and Silva for the Roma game? As they also didn't perform to the level we know they can.

Silva made an assist. Yaya made an assist. Mangala needs time to adapt to the league, so he's allowed to make mistakes here and there. I'd replace Fernandinho with Fernando but sadly he's injured.

Definately would start with Navas rather than Milner.

City Glory While Others Fade said:
de niro said:
neel said:
Needs to improve his shooting and atleast try to hit the target.

should have had a hat trick.

Could have had a hat trick.......hope fully he can learn off Frank on finishing, can't fault him from getting into the right positions.
That was the biggest frustration, good opportunities came his way because of his intelligent positioning but for some reason he ballooned most over the crossbar, even Edin on an off day wouldn't have muffed that number of opportunities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.