James Milner

No it doesn't though, you say that about 'average Rag players', but tell me one that has 50+ England caps and then look at their trophies won. Surely anyone that average wouldn't be a part of a successful team would they?. My point is that no-one can argue against him being a good footballer because he clearly is and a comparison to Lomas is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum, he was and still is lightyears ahead of Lomas.
I`m not making any comparisons to Lomas.However, all we saw from James Milner was that he could run about with very little other expertise,that is my point about England players nowadays ... a cap means bugger all.Every team has its work horses ... its just that some are better than others.

He didn't owe us anything as he worked hard and made a difference many times when he played for us. That'll do for me. With the TV money we really didn't need £12-16m for Milner. City surely don't care about that themselves as they settled for £4m for de Jong just after he was Holland's best player in the Euros and we could have got £12-16m for him too.

In many other sports the most common way to go about the transfer of players is by the player playing for the duration of his contract and then leaving at the end of it.

With us battling FFP i will argue we most definately would have given a shit about not getting a transfer for for a player of his calibre.

As for the comparison with other sports, pointless. Football always has and always will be about transfers both in and out and the financial impacts they have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.