Jamie Vardy

If we buy another striker, it should be someone who's capable of challenging Aguero, not just a backup. You don't see Barcelona buying backup strikers. Maybe young players that aren't quite the finished product. Ideally we want a forward who is world class in a number of forward positions, like Neymar, Messi, Muller, Ronaldo, etc (hopefully Sterling can become that in time). I really like Vardy and he brings something to the team even when he isn't scoring, similar to Tevez, but he's never going to match Aguero. Do we really want to blow another £30m on a backup striker? Vardy might be great for Leicester, but would he really be able to replicate what he's doing from the bench in a team that's built around a different player, knowing that he's never gonna be first choice? In his favour, he's a better fit for our system than Bony is, because he's more similar to Aguero. But one thing you miss if you swap Bony for Vardy is the ability to change things up a bit tactically, since Bony offers something a bit different.

just some paper chatter that we might go after Vardy for thirty fuckin million - this would be a stupid buy on a worse scale than John Macken

Not surprised the club have distanced themselves from this. He's having a great season, but not the right signing for us.

Why not wait until he stops scoring and pay £10M.. Very overpriced for someone who has basically ridden a hype wave and has done little else before that. Let's not forget, Vardy is 28 and this should be his prime time, where was he last season with 34 appearances and 5 goals? I think we can do much better, Kane for example would be a much better target if we are talking only English strikers.

Chav player. CHAT SHIT GET BANGED!

Can see why chelsea were in for him. John terry would welcome him with open arms...chav, player, manager, LEGEND.

LOL no definitely not right for city, too much class for a player like this.

Hope he doesn't end up here. He's far from proven and will probably be a one season wonder. I think it'd be too much for him anyway in all honesty and tbh the lack of starts would probably dent his confidence big time. Don't think he'd fit in at all.

Haha I hope tonight put this one to bed. If we want to pay 30million for someone who can run lot I say we get mo Farrah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.