January sales/buys who would be yours?

IN

Schweinsteiger - One of the best midfield players in the world and at 26 is just hitting his prime

OUT

Santa Cruz - Never been good enough and too injury prone.
Bridge - Probably got at least three who are better defensively at left back. At 30 he can't improve and needs ridding from the wage bill.
Etuhu - Have no idea what he is still doing at the club. Even when he has been on loan at lower level clubs hasn't cut it.

I think we may still need a striker and Dzeko would be my shout.

While I'm mentioning strikers just thought I'd say well done to one Felipe Caicedo who I still genuinely think could turn into a world class forward. Scored an excellent goal last night for relegation candidates Levante against Europa League winners Athletico Madrid. Now scored 5 in 6 starts in La Liga.

pee dubya said:
Do you not think that Pastore could do the job Yaya Toure has been filling? Picking the ball up fairly deep and carrying it forward, picking a pass, then getting in the box. He'd be a bit more of a goal threat, but less physical, i think we really need another midfielder who can play that role and he would give us a differet option. I think we also need someone else who can play David Silva's role, Pastore can do that too.

Then you'd have De Jong, Barry, Milner and also Toure, which is 4 options for the 2 deeper midfielders.

Pastore could do the role Toure has been doing but he'd be a different prospect. I don't think we could play Pastore and Silva though, if Pastore picked up Toure's spot I think we'd need to replace Silva with a more physical player. Pastore doesn't offer the aerial presence or the defensive capabilities of Toure. Schweinsteiger on the other hand could slot into any of the midfield roles (bar the De Jong role) without disrupting any other player. He can sit deep, dictate the play and spray the ball around. He can also do the Toure role, tracking back tackling and picking the ball up deep and bringing it forward. He can even play in the David Silva role, though this is something he's done less of in the past two years. I'd rather bring in Schweinsteiger and have Barry or Toure sitting out than bring in Pastore and have him or Silva benched.

Ideally, they'd both be happy to sit on the bench when needed but ideally they wouldn't and perhaps rightly so as they are both top class players who deserve to be playing first team football.

I reckon we would be silly to make a lot of changes. I would probably only get rid of Adebayor and only if we can get another top forward in. Failing that I'm more than happy with what we have, assuming we can keep them happy til the summer.

I would let the team settle down. No one in just a few out.
The best move for me would be Adebayor to juventus as this would cool their interest in Dzeko (Hopefully)

As much as like Ade he is just not consistant enough, unfortunately

DaveH said:
I would let the team settle down. No one in just a few out.
The best move for me would be Adebayor to juventus as this would cool their interest in Dzeko (Hopefully)

As much as like Ade he is just not consistant enough, unfortunately

Juventus cannot sign another non-EU player this season after they have signed Milos Krasic. That transfer cannot happen until the summer.

Out: Adebayor, RSC, SWP, Bridge.

In: Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Torres.

Schweinsteiger has publicly stated he wasnts to leave and both Sneijder and Torres can not be happy with their current positions with their respective clubs.

I know the thread is Jan sales but i think these should be the targets for possibly the summer when CL football is available.

Also Ins (future) Henderson, Rodwell, Loach (all buy to loan back for a season)

Realistically:

Out: Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Bridge

In: Cassano, Pastore and a new defender (can't think of one who's available and good!)

Don't think we have a chance of landing either Dzeko or Torres

Jan 11

In: Schweinstieger, Torres, Loach
Out: Ade, RSC

Summer 11

In: Luiz, Alves?
out: Bridge, Lescott, Given, SWP, Vieira (into coaching)

Squad on 1 sept 11: Joe Hart, Scott Loach, David Gonzalez
Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandr Kolarov, Jérôme Boateng, Kolo Touré (vice-captain), Dedryck Boyata, David Luiz, Dani Alves.
Michael Johnson, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry, David Silva, Nigel de Jong, Yaya Touré, Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Jô, Carlos Tévez (captain), Mario Balotelli, Fernando Torres

Possible loans/ release:
Kelvin Etuhu
Shaleum Logan
Javan Vidal
Alex Nimely
Abdisalam Ibrahim

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.