higuain(20 mil plus ade)
mexes (15 mil)
rodwell(20 mil)
schwinsteiger(20 mil)
a.young(5 mil plus crocky and swp)
carroll(13 mil plus JO)

OUT
BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crocky ade and swp jo in swap deals lescott anywhere please:)<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 pm --<br /><br />
SkyBlueCitizen said:
MCFCinUSA said:
but we've got more notes than they have and with Wolfsburg interested in an overly high valuation do you think if he's going anywhere it'll be to an Italian team?

Mario would fit the bill on your first criteria and Cassano might be a possibility in an attacking midfield role, although a very advanced sort of one.

Pity we can't buy a Bernabia when now we could afford to do so at his prime.

;o)
I know we have the cash but the thing is Dzeko seems to prefer Juve over everything and Juve is very keen. But I wouldn't rule out us as a possibility.

Thing about Mario is to me he is still quite immature and rather volatile. And judging from our recent performances, I find his job on the team is very crucial, maybe an alternative to him would benefit us.

I'm still out of ideas about a creative central midfielder who is avaliable, any ideas?

schwinsteiger

I now have a feeling we won't get Dzeko in January. Financially Wolfsburg don't have to sell mid-season and he seems to like Juve who he could join in the summer. The only way we'd get him is with a huge sum of money, perhaps. Something like £34m (yes quid). Is he really worth that considering we need to reign in the big-money buys a bit and box a bit more clever with transfers?

We are constantly told how difficult it is to buy players in the January window. It will be interesting to see how Mancini does. The 25 squad limit and financial fair play rules do not make it any easier but hey they have had months to work on who their targets are and I'm pretty sure agents will have been in touch with the Club.

For me I can see a number of players moving out, if the financial side can be agreed with both player and buying club. We will have to take some hefty losses to move players on though.

So players to go...
Santa Cruz
Onuoha
Given
Bridge
Logan
Bellamy – think we will have to wait until the summer though
SWP

Players in...
A centre forward - Dzeko*
An attacking right back/midfielder - Dani Alves
A centre half - David Luiz
Midfield creativity with engine - Bastian Schweinsteiger*
An experienced keeper who will be 2nd to Hart and is not Europe cup-tied - Jussi Jaaskelainen
* Top two targets.

Out:
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Jo
Y Toure

In:
Dzeko/Torres
Schwienstagger

Also wouldnt mind a couple of youngsters, Phill Jones etc...

In :
Edinson Cavani, Andrew Carroll, Fernando Llorente, Marco Borriello
choose one for the centre forward/Striker

one more creative midfielder
e.g. javier pastore

some great defender

Pastore is an excellent player, he's not exactly a midfielder though, tends to roam more and play in a free role. He would be more akin to David Silva than any of our other players. We couldn't play both and while Pastore might be a better player in the future, it's not worth the circa £30m+ that would be needed to obtain him.

Schweinsteiger would be ideal as he could replace Barry in our midfield. Barry is a good player, though he gets some unfair stick on here, however Schweinsteiger is a step above and has far more composure on the ball. He would be more flexible than Pastore as he can play closer to the front line, out wide and lying deep pulling the strings. The problem would be whether he actually wants to leave Bayern Munich, though they are struggling so far this season if we make the Champion's League he might be a more likely signing come this summer. You don't have to look far for a similar alternative though, Kroos would also be an excellent signing.

I think the team is gelling together, any more than one or two signings would be more disruptive than helpful I feel.

IlDivinCodino said:
Pastore is an excellent player, he's not exactly a midfielder though, tends to roam more and play in a free role. He would be more akin to David Silva than any of our other players. We couldn't play both and while Pastore might be a better player in the future, it's not worth the circa £30m+ that would be needed to obtain him.

Schweinsteiger would be ideal as he could replace Barry in our midfield. Barry is a good player, though he gets some unfair stick on here, however Schweinsteiger is a step above and has far more composure on the ball. He would be more flexible than Pastore as he can play closer to the front line, out wide and lying deep pulling the strings. The problem would be whether he actually wants to leave Bayern Munich, though they are struggling so far this season if we make the Champion's League he might be a more likely signing come this summer. You don't have to look far for a similar alternative though, Kroos would also be an excellent signing.

I think the team is gelling together, any more than one or two signings would be more disruptive than helpful I feel.

Do you not think that Pastore could do the job Yaya Toure has been filling? Picking the ball up fairly deep and carrying it forward, picking a pass, then getting in the box. He'd be a bit more of a goal threat, but less physical, i think we really need another midfielder who can play that role and he would give us a differet option. I think we also need someone else who can play David Silva's role, Pastore can do that too.

Then you'd have De Jong, Barry, Milner and also Toure, which is 4 options for the 2 deeper midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.